Chapter Twenty-Four

"What is that?" Isaac asked as Derek passed him a small medallion which had the triskellion on, it matched Derek's tattoo exactly. Whilst I wasn't going to stay there during the full moon due to the fact that not only was it dangerous but it was Lydia Martin's birthday and Stiles had made me promise to go to her party with him, I still had about an hour left before I even needed to think about leaving. I was already dressed in my party outfit which was the exact same one I'd used during Lydia's last party when I'd technically first met Derek.

"It's a triskele," Boyd spoke up and we all glanced over to him confused, "the spirals mean different things-- past, present future; mother, father, child..."

"Do you know what it means to me?"

"Alpha, Beta, Omega?"

"That's right. It's a spiral-" Derek pointed out as he traced the markings with his finger. The way he was speaking to them was as if he was a father speaking or training younger children. It got me thinking, even though it was far too early and that I shouldn't be thinking about those things but would me and Derek be together in the future? If we were would we have kids? Would it ever be safe enough to have kids? "- it reminds us that we can all rise to one or fall to another. Betas can become Alphas, but Alphas can also fall to Betas, or even Omegas."

"Like Scott?" Isaac asked.

"Scott's with us."

"Really? Then where is he now?" Would our kids be werewolves or humans? Or if there were multiple would they be both? Did he even want kids? I'd always seen myself with at least a child by the time I was thirty, but all the stress and the horror and the danger recently had made me start to think about it more.

"He's looking for Jackson," seeing the annoyance on and confusion on his beta's face, Derek sighed before continuing, "don't worry, he's not gonna have it easy tonight, either. None of us will. There's a price you pay for this kind of power. You get the ability to heal, but tonight, you're gonna want to kill anything you can find."

"Good thing I had my period last week, then," Erica said with a smirk on her face, and I could feel the heat rising to my cheeks and I was forced to look away. I was all for people being open about natural bodily functions, but I hadn't expected it in this setting nor was I used to people speaking about it so openly.

It was a few seconds before Derek lifted up the spiked headband, "well, this one's for you."

"What if we break free?" Boyd asked.

"Then you'll do anything you can to get out of here. Probably try to kill me, then kill each other, and kill anything else with a heartbeat," I strictly remember Derek telling Scott about how much the bite was a gift. How the bite was a gift to everyone and yet looking at this now it didn't seem like much of a gift.

"I need you to hold her."

"So, how come she gets to wear the headband?" Isaac asked as he pushed himself up to hold Erica down and do as told.

"Because she'll be able to withstand more pain than the two of you," Derek explained, it made sense really. Especially Isaac, after seeing him fight I'd come to the understanding that he was soft. It wasn't a bad thing. I actually thought it made him so much better, "I've got an extra one if you really want it..."

"I'll pass," Isaac admitted.

Feeling my phone go off, I pulled the device out looking at the message from Stiles 'all the victims on the 2006 swim team - including Isaac's dad' glancing up at Isaac I was about to tell them the news when they continued speaking.