Chapter Forty-Nine

We still handn't found Stiles. We were long past the 48 hour mark and there was still no Stiles. What we had found was a emitter in the loft and it was turned on - it was painful trying to get it off since none of us knew how they worked and we accidentally made it louder. Now we'd broken into the Argent apartment trying to figure out what he was doing. Why would he be leaving them in the loft and focusing on us when we were trying to find Stiles? Why wasn't Stiles the priority for anyone?

"Lose something?" Derek asked, and I whirled around to see Argent holding up a gun to us. Should have expected that and yet I didn't. Derek was holding up the emitter to show Argent what he was talking about.

"Why are you two breaking into my apartment?" Chris asked.

"Why are you leaving emitters in my loft?" Derek countered.

"I have no idea why that would be in your loft. I spent the entirety of the last two days trying to find Stiles," I quickly shoved Derek out of the way.

"Have you found anything?" I asked, some spark of hope forming inside of me.

"No."

"Oh... well you're useless," I scoffed. Chris looked to me both offended and confused, and Derek sighed grabbing onto my arm and pulling me back again.

"We haven't, either," Derek admitted, and he sighed another time, "okay, we're all trying to find Stiles. Mind if I ask what you plan on doing if you find him?"

"Well, that depends on which Stiles I find."

"If you're saying that you're going to kill him...then I will tear you apart," I warned, just as Argent's eyes spotted a cupboard beside up.

"Broken," he muttered walking over to it and opening it. Me nor Derek had touched it, and as he pulled it open he pulled out a black briefcase, "this isn't mine.."

"Careful," Derek warned, and Argent sighed before looking to Derek. He stepped forward beginning to open it - he would naturally have better reactions so he was the one who had to do it. As he opened it, all of us peered over only to see that it was filled to the brim with cash.

"Oh, jesus," I muttered, not being able to help it.

"How much do you think it is?" Derek asked, looking over to Argent.

"One hundred fifty thousand. But, it doesn't make any sense... We never took the money."

"Who's money is it?" Derek asked.

"It belongs to a Yakuza named Katashi. He has a nickname..." Chris began, just as another scent hit us and before I knew it I was being dragged behind the crowd of two men. Looking to the door, my brow raised as Rafael - Scott's dad - walked into the room. God, I hated him.

"You mean, something like... silverfinger?" He asked, holding up a silver finger and Chris looked at it horrified.

"Where did you get that?"

"Off Katashi's dead body."

Looking down at the cash, it quickly became apparant what he would have been thinking and I snapped my head over to Rafael, "okay, I know it looks bad... but it really isn't what it looks like," I urged.

"Grace," he greeted, his voice bored. He didn't like any of my family because Noah knew everything about what had happened. He knew why Rafael had to go away from the McCall household.

"Mr. McCall," I countered.

Stiles you gremlin, I am going to kill you.

We soon found ourselves chained to the bench in the Sheriff's station. I don't think I've ever had so many strange looks before, but I suppose no-one really expected to see the Sheriff's neice as a suspect for murder. We were all chained up whilst we should have been looking for Stiles. We should have been saving him, and looking after him, and helping him, and instead we're trapped here.