Chapter Eleven

Glancing up in the rear-view mirror my eyes narrowed as I spotted the car which was following close behind. They were uncomfortably close and we were going uncomfortably fast. Clutching tighter on the steering wheel, I allowed myself to take a steadying breath as I pressed down harder on the gas pedal. This could quite possibly be the best and worst moment of my life. I was driving Derek's car in a car chase with Scott and Stiles in the back urging me to go faster and faster. I didn't want to go faster, but I also didn't want to be in a car that was this fast and I couldn't keep control over it.

It was a car chase though. A real life car chase and I could tell you now it is just as thrilling and terrifying as it is watched them in the movies or in video games or in tv shows. "Faster! Faster!" Stiles urged as he slammed his hands down onto the seat that I was sat in.

"Stiles, I have two children in the car I can't go too fast because if we crash I'm not having two kids deaths on my conscious!" I snapped but still moved quicker regardless. Although, Stiles had already found his new argument growing far too annoyed with everything I had to say.

"You're not even that much older than us!"

"Hold on," I grit out and both of them did. Just as I got to the end where there was only one turn, I pressed onto the breaks as hard as I could whirling the car around before coming from the direction we had just come from. Now it truly did feel like a movie.

"Oh right, yeah!" Both the boys cheered. It didn't seem to matter much as the Argent was just as quick enough to follow behind us.

"Grace, I don't think you're grasping the concept of a car chase, here..." Stiles began as the Argent began to catch up.

"If I go faster, I'll kill us," I added on, "and unlike Scotty, we don't have supernatural healing," I also added on. Not to mention that the thought of going any faster in the dark was opening a door to some unwanted memories that were beginning to creep up.

"Well, if you don't go faster, they're gonna kill us!"

Glancing up again at the mirror, my brows furrowed, "they're gone," I pointed out. Stiles quickly pulled out his radio and tuned into the right station.

"All units, suspect is on foot heading into the Iron Works." Stilinski said and I took that as my cue to go to the same place.

Spotting the familiar man on the way I slowed the car down just enough so that he could get in, leaning over and throwing open the door, "get in," I urged as it didn't seem to be his initial reaction. He did as told and the moment the door was shut I took off driving again. I had no idea what I was going to tell uncle Noah if he caught us.

"What part of "laying low" don't you understand???" Scott snapped his voice filled with exasperation and Derek glared at him through the mirror.

"Damn it, I had him!"

"The alpha?" I asked, finding myself unable to stop.

"Yes! He was right in front of me, and the friggin' police showed up." Derek growled. Well there was no need to take that tone out on me.

"Er, don't you shout at me young man," I snapped and three sets of burning confused eyes landed on me.

"I'm older than you," Derek pointed out, as if that actually mattered to me in this moment and to prove that I didn't, I shrugged.

"Fine then, don't you shout at me old man," I snapped mocking the same tone I'd used seconds prior. The car was left in silence not knowing how to respond before Stiles cut in.

"Okay, never mind that, they're just doing their jobs--"

"Yeah, thanks to someone who decided to make me the most wanted fugitive in the entire state!" Derek growled glancing over at both Scott and Stiles.