Chapter Thirty-Four

"Do you think this is gonna work?" Isaac asked as we'd looked through the window to watch Scott talk to Chris Argent. The camaro was hidden in the shadows, although I was annoyed by two things. The first being the fact that Derek had the audacity to attack me and the second being that I the adult was sat in the back seat whilst Isaac was in the front. There was so many things wrong with this right now.

"Nope."

"Me neither," Isaac added on.

"Well, it's better than not trying at all," I reminded leaning forward and pressing my elbows on the seats to get a closer look.

It was silent for a few seconds before Isaac spoke up, "So, your, uh...your sister..." his sister? Was one of the werewolves his sister? I thought they had both died a long time ago. Derek only turned to look at him with a warning glare, "Sorry, yeah, it's... It's bad timing. I'm sorry. I'll ask later. It's fine...Or never. Yeah. Yeah, I'm good with "never."" He mumbled.

"Oh, so he who has never met your sister can recognise your sister, and yet you can't recognise me," I pointed out looking to him with a pointed glare and he threw his head back out of annoyance.

"Oh my god, I said I was sorry," he groaned out.

"Your weak ass apology doesn't excuse the fact that it hurt!"

"Well, what else am I supposed to do!?" He pointed out, and was about to argue further when Isaac cut in.

"Hey, Scott's got in Argent's car. They're moving," he said and we both turned back to face the front. We'd just end up finishing the argument later.

Derek started up his own car beginning to move in a much slower pace behind them as to not alert Argent. I'm sure he'd catch us soon enough.

We ended up tailing them to the public pool and we stopped outside of the crime scene for a few minutes before we ended up following them to the preserve. It had worked. Argent was either going to help us catch them or he was going to kill them. It was hard to tell when I couldn't hear anything either he or Scott was saying.

Dragging my coat closer around my body, I ignored the chill which was beginning to creep over my body. I wasn't in the mood to be cold and I'd appreciate it if the weather picked up its attitude. I always thought it was strange. Scotland was by far colder even in the summer and yet I could handle the cold when I was there. I think it was because I grew used to California weather and now I was cold even in UK summer.

"You're tracking them by print?" Argent asked as his eyes scanned the floor. I'd just been following sound.

"Trying to..." Scott said with a shrug.

"Well, then you've been wasting your time. There's only one creature on earth that can visually track footprints, and that's man."

"And, if you're not trained like me, you have no idea that this print is Boyd's and these-" he began pointing over to the ones that Isaac was stood next to.

"Are Cora's," he said his voice filled with confidence.

"Nope-- they're yours. You trampled Cora's as soon as you walked over here," well that was embarrassing. "Listen, I know the three of you are focusing half your energy on resisting your own urges under the full moon, but that puts you at a severe disadvantage to Boyd and Cora, who have fully given in. They put the pedal to the floor, where you three are barely hitting the speed limit."

"So, what do we do?" Derek asked. His voice was filled with impatience and I understood it. I'd be horrified if this was Stiles running around - especially if it was my fault.