Chapter Fifty-Three

Allison was dead.

Just like Boyd, Matt, Erica, Jackson (I still count him because he did technically die twice), and everyone else. All of them gone and dead. I suppose the only question now is who is next? There has to be a next. A churning bubble seemed to echo in my stomach and whilst I felt no sadness or grief over her death in itself the thought of how much Stiles and Scott were grieving was heartbreaking.

"Should be fine in a couple of hours-- unless whoever shot you manages to find you again," Derek's voice said, and I dragged myself into attention as I looked over at the three. The three being the twins and Derek. Argent was long gone.

"Lydia's with Scott. We need to go," Aiden urged his phone in his hand.

"You're gonna try to convince her to go with you?" Derek asked.

They were leaving Beacon Hills. The smart decision really.

"I'm gonna try and convince her to run and hide, like any sane person would do," Aiden explained, and if I was being honest which I should be since this is my story I wanted to do what they were doing.

"And Danny?" Derek asked looking over to Ethan.

"Allison's dead. Stiles is dying. What do you think?"

"Stiles is not dying," I cut in, picking at the edge of my sleeve. I won't let him die.

"I think Danny won't believe you... And Lydia would never run and hide." Derek explained, and Aiden raised his brow.

"Because of Stiles?"

"Because of Scott." So that was it then, everyone was going to drop their life and run after Scott as much as possible risking their own safety. "You've been trying to find a way into his pack. Trying to earn his trust. Trying to fight for him. You've had it wrong this whole time. You don't fight for a leader-- you fight for a leader's cause."

"What cause?" Aiden asked.

"Scott's always been about one thing-- saving his friends. He will do anything and everything to save the people he cares about. When there's no chance of winning? He keeps fighting. When all hope is lost? He finds another way. And when he's beaten down, he stands up again. You want to earn a place in his pack? You want redemption? Find another way to stand and fight!"

"God I hate werewolves," I groaned out, and Derek looked at me annoyed. I guessed it was because I'd ruined his moment but in the end... this was all so stupid to me. "No, okay here me out...is it so wrong to run and hide? If it keeps you alive then do it. Run and Hide. I ran...and I enjoyed myself. In fact, if it weren't for Dan then I'd still be in Scotland."

"So why did you leave?" The twins asked at the same time.

"I just told you because of Dan. He's scary when he thinks there's somethin' wrong," I mused, "and I'm convinced he was tryna throw me into the ocean..."

"You came back because of Stiles," Derek cut in, and I looked back to him.

"Actually, I really do think it was mostly Dan... I mean... he told me to put things right. I don't know what I'm putting right but I have to put it right... maybe..."

We all knew what it was now. It was time to go to battle. This would probably be the first time where I would actually have to take part and fight and I had no idea what I was going to do. We've been through it before - I'm a terrible werewolf and so the possibility of everything that was going to happen now...

Feeling a hand on my own, I forced my eyes up to see Derek, "what?"

"Stop thinking about it," he muttered and I sighed pushing myself up to my feet. He was a lot taller than I'd thought, and for some reason I was only considering that now. He smelt so nice though, like a dog, but a nice dog. Like your own dog who you love to have near you and he smelt just like it. Why did he smell like dog?