Chapter Seventy

Bullets ricochet off metal containers and even if you couldn't hear it you could smell the fear and panic. "That's definitely them," Derek urged from beside me and I nodded to confirm that I already knew. Whilst I still wasn't a fighter, I had improved since Derek was insistent on training at least twice a week if not every day.

The jeep drove past us and we quickly took off running, why we weren't just in the jeep was beyond me but I suppose it would make fighting easier. The jeep slammed into one of the men with guns and we could hear Stiles' voice. "You didn't think you were doing this without me, didja?"

Derek stepped up next to the jeep, "without us?"

I caught up a grin on my face to match Derek's smirk, "don't forget about me!"

Derek was the first to make a move and not waiting for a response, he immediately let out his claws, fangs, and glowing blue eyes before roaring and launching himself into the fray taking down two hunters as he did. Show off. Taking in a breath to prepare me, I looked around at all the hunters before I spotted one approaching Malia.

Leaping over the jeep, I caught up to the hunter grabbing onto the barrel of the gun (being careful not to grab the part that could actually hurt me) before elbowing him in the neck with my free hand. Chocking, he fell backwards and I quickly slammed him down to the ground to knock him out. Malia took the newfound freedom to jump out of her own hiding spot and join the fight.

I was about to move when a bullet went through my leg and releasing another annoyed groan, I turned to look at the hunter who frowned. Isn't he aware that we've been shot too many times to count and one bullet wasn't going to do anything? Charging towards him and leaping onto the crate he was stood on, I snatched the gun from his hand before grabbing onto his shirt slamming him into the metal container. I hoped that hurt.

The few hunters who remained conscious all began to look around before following after their leader, who we'd been told was called Monroe, to get back to the cars. They fled and drove away. Watching as one of them left I didn't bother looking back at the pack until something hit my toe. Frowning, I looked down only to see Derek stood at the bottom.

"Catch," I called out before jumping down and he quickly reached out catching me.

"You could have jumped that," he scoffed setting me down and I smiled meeting his eyes.

"I know, but I didn't want to," I mused tapping my finger against the tip of his nose and he rolled his eyes with his smile forming on his face. We then made a move to walk to where the rest of the pack was gathering.

"I can't believe that you didn't tell me about any of this. Not a word! Not a single word!" Stiles' irritated voice snapped through my senses and I glanced over at him amused.

"We had reasons," Lydia countered, "really good reasons."

Scott was crouched on the floor his hands pressed against Deucalion's stomach. I don't remember him becoming someone we tried to save but I suppose when it came to Scott everyone who was a villain became a hero at one point. Chris had even convinced Kate to help out and so whilst we all still hated her with a burning passion she was going to be on our side for once.

"Gerard... What he f-f-fears most... He can't... beat you..." Deucalion said but it was so clear he was struggling to find the words. Chuckling, it was so clear that he knew how this war was going to end and despite the situation and the demise he was facing he was smiling, "...And he knows it."

His eyes fell blank as if they were staring at absolutely nothing and yet absolutely everything and we all heard his last breath. He was dead. Scott took a moment, exhaling in presumably disappointment and I inched closer to Derek not liking the depressive tension that was falling over everyone.