Chapter Seventy-One

"I'm just saying I find it a bit rude that everyone's hiding something from me," I trailed off as I walked beside Noah through the halls of Eichen house. We were on a mission to get Parrish out of one of the cells and we'd been advised that there were going to be a few deputies guarding him. I've watched the deputies for years; all the good ones died within the past couple of years so they weren't going to be a match for us.

"Is this not a conversation you should be having with Derek?"

"That's the point. It is supposed to be but he won't tell me either," I scoffed as we rounded another corner.

"Then is this not a conversation you should be having after we've saved Parrish?" He corrected.

"Walk and talk at the same time, Noah. It's not that hard," I urged and he sighed but followed after me regardless. Picking up multiple heartbeats, I held out my hand to stop him before gesturing to the hall they were down. He nodded getting the message before he made the first step.

"Look at him, do you think he's dying?" Deputy Ferrell asked.

"Not likely," Noah called out and they all whirled around to look at him. Noah had a smirk on his face whilst I was just looking at them bored. I was more aware that they were going to be absolutely useless against Noah, nevermind against werewolf strength. "It's not that easy to kill a Hellhound."

All the deputies moved to keep their hands on their sidearms, unsure of what they should be expecting. "You know that's what he's called, right? I mean, if you're going to wander into this world, you might as well have all the information," Noah explained.

"Nobody here wants to get hurt," Ferrel urged as he pulled out his gun.

"Then you should know, that's not going to work," I mused.

"So you should put your gun down, Deputy. You're not going to shoot us," Noah ordered.

Ferrell kept his gun aimed at Stilinski, "we're not gonna let you take him out of here, either," Ferrel countered.

"Well, I don't know about that-- there's only three of you," Noah reminded, it was true I probably wasn't even needed here but it was better to be safer than sorry.

"Stilinski--"

"Sheriff. You'll refer to me by my proper title... Deputy."

"What are you, like, sixty?"

Well, that was a bad move. Stilinski sneered at the man before sucker-punching him right in the nose. Another deputy stepped forward grabbing Stilinski by the shoulder, but Noah grabbed onto his hand and twisted his arm behind his head kicking backwards at the second deputy. Noah then slammed down on the Achilles tendon of the man which he had in an arm lock and I grimaced feeling second-hand pain as the man dropped to the ground.

Ferrel was the next to move but Noah dodged most of the punches, except he got hit in the face for a second attempt. Before he could get anymore hits, Noah kicked him hard in the stomach, tossing him back against the gate to the adjacent hall, and when Ferrel readied himself for his next move, Noah once more kicked him hard enough to knock him down to the ground.

All three deputies were groaning on the floor and I stepped over to the cell unlocking it, "the three of you-- help Deputy Parrish to his feet and get him out of there," Noah ordered.

"Yes sir," Ferrell said but Noah shot him a glare, "Sheriff," he corrected before the deputies did as told.

"Aren't you supposed to be here to help?" Noah asked turning to look at me but I only shrugged.