Chapter Sixty-Four

It was the sun that woke me up that morning. It was late in the morning since we'd gotten back late at night and we hadn't had much time to sleep. If the supernatural was bad for one thing it was your sleep schedule. Naturally, I'd stolen one of Derek's t-shirts because when I wore his clothes it felt like he was whispering to me in a language only I could hear. A hand was toying with my hair and even though Derek was usually gone by the time I woke up he was still there now. I was lying on his chest since he was somehow more comfortable than the actual bed.

"Morning sleeping beauty," his voice mused and I forced my eyes open to look up at him. He had a lazy smile on his face, "or should I say afternoon."

"How long have you been awake?" I asked turning my head back to where it was and I shut my eyes again. The faint burn was still prominant from the lack of sleep.

"About three hours. It's eleven in the morning."

"Hmm, so you've just been sat there for three hours..."

"I was reading my book," he excused and I hummed to show that I was listening, "are you going to get up?"

"I've been awake for ten seconds, give me a break." A chuckle fell from his lips just as the phone rang. Groaning, I looked up to Derek practically pleading with him without saying anything, "we don't have to answer it."

"It might be important."

"It's always important... but surely we can have one day for ourselves..." I muttered and he sighed shifting his weight so that his head was closer to mine but we mostly stayed in the same position.

"You know once this is over we can have a thousand days to ourselves," he mused and I knew what he was trying to say but I didn't like it. I don't care about the future if we could secure one. What I cared about was the threat to our lives that we had now and the fact that Lydia had practically predicted his death. What use was a thousand days in the future if the future wasn't going to happen? He reached out to grab the phone and he didn't bother putting it on speaker as he knew I'd be able to hear it. "Hello?"

"We found Satomi's pack, all of them. We're at Argent Arms International we think there's going to be a fight and we need as much power as we can get," Scott urged from down the phone.

"What's Stiles doing?" I asked he shouldn't be where there was going to be a werewolf and hunter fight because he is neither.

"They're at the police station trying to work out how to stop this thing," he explained and I nodded before rolling over to get away from Derek. Looks like we were going to go to a battle then.

"We'll be there."

We went to Argent Arms International and the place reeked of anxiety and fear from at least a dozen beating hearts. It was thick with horrors and young hearts that didn't deserve to be in this position. There looked to be around twenty from Satomi's pack all varying from young to old and on our side was just Scott, Kira, and Argent. We'd brought Braeden with us just in case.

Derek looked around analysing each werewolf for a second before he walked over to Scott. Looking around the room myself; my gaze settled on a girl around the age of twelve who looked like she was frozen and was shivering. Walking over to her, I smiled before pulling off my jacket.

"Here, you look like you need it more than me," I mused wrapping it around her shoulders.

Derek's conversation began to echo throughout my hearing although I tried to focus on helping her out, "they'll be okay." Scott assured.

"They've got claws and fangs, but they're not fighters," Derek pointed out.

"That's why I called you."