Chapter Sixteen

Reaching my hand out from my bed, I nudged the piece with my finger pushing it across the board but I only succeeded in knocking it over, "dammit," I hissed but it was recovered with my own laugh. Well, that was the end of that game and a hearty chuckle came from beside me. Biting back my smile, I turned around to face Derek who like I, was lying in the bed. The clothes had been discarded last night although that didn't matter much, and somehow we'd managed to keep the underwear on, "I'm gonna say I won," I mused.

He raised his brow his eyes shifting up to look at the board before he glanced back at mine meeting my own. His stare never lost its affects. "I won." He countered and a frown formed in my eyes.

"Absolutely not..." I scoffed and he rolled his eyes although there was no annoyance in them. I pushed myself up swinging my leg over him so that I was straddling. I just wanted the upper hand. "I...will fight you for it," I finalised and his brows raised higher a new amusement forming on his face.

"Fight me?" He repeated and I hummed nodding my head.

"Yes..."

"Grace," he began his hands catching mine and he held them against his chest, "I'm a werewolf. It doesn't matter what happens I will probably win."

It was true, but that didn't mean I was going to accept that, "well...I'm sure there would be something that as a human I could beat you in," I mused and he sat up catching my body in his arms.

"Werewolves are advanced in every measure, stealth, speed, strength, and because of all that we have better control and so really there's very few things you could beat me with. Essentially, you are at my mercy," he explained and I rolled my own eyes. Him becoming alpha had also boasted his ego an unnecessary amount. "You know... I could always turn you..."

"No."

"Why not? The bite is a gift, you an go faster and be stronger than any human could ever dream off and not to mention you'd have better senses than anyone."

"Derek, look at you," I pointed out, "you live in...I don't even know what this is. You can barely walk down the street without having to worry about an arrow being shot into your neck and... I don't want that. I like being ordinary and I like being normal without having to worry about the danger. At any moment I could leave this world and live a completely ordinary and boring an original life."

"Is that what you want?"

"I don't know what I want."

And then my alarm went off.

"Oh shit," I cried out pushing myself away from Derek and leaping off the bed. I still had school today since there were still a few months left of the senior year. Grabbing all of my clothes I tried to pull them on, although at this point it was just a pair of tights and a skirt since I couldn't find my shirt. Crouching down on the floor, I pushed through all the different pieces until I finally found it but as I pulled it up my heart fell into my stomach, "dammit Derek!" I growled holding up the torn shirt. It had claw marks all the way through it.

Running across the school yard, I climbed over a wall spotting both Scott and Stiles walking towards the school. I had to wear one of Derek's t-shirts which I just tucked into my skirt although I was still mad about it. That was my favourite shirt which he'd torn up.

Finally catching up to them I skidded to a stop in front of them trying not to show how out of breath I was, "hey," I muttered and both of them glanced at me looking confused, "what?"

"You reek of Derek," Scott pointed out and I rolled my eyes tugging on my tights to pull them up.

"And you reek off annoying teenage hormones, what's your point?" I countered. "So what's going to happen?"