Chapter Twenty

"I'm so sorry about the other day. I'm trying. We'll get through this. Uh, I know, because I love you. I love you more than-" Stiles began, before he groaned and cut himself off. He was struggling to communicate between Allison and Scott since the pair could no longer speak in school. I was stood leaning against the wall beside them as they were sat on the stairs. Everything felt cold and numb although, before I'd gone school I'd taken a couple of the blue pills and everything felt like it was floating.

No more emotions.

"Oh, my God, I can't. You and Allison just have to find a better way to communicate!" Stiles finally snapped and my lips quirked into a smile. It had been interesting listening to Stiles confess his love to Scott in several different ways due to Allison, although I couldn't understand why they had to say 'I love you' in every sentence.

"Come on, you're the only one that we can trust. Is she coming to the game tonight?"

"Yes!" He snapped, "Okay, message complete. Now, tell me about your boss," he urged. They'd been told after learning about Stiles' encounter with a lizard like creature that Scott's boss doctor Deaton was fully aware of the supernatural world to the point where the Argent's were consulting them.

"He thinks that Allison's family keeps some kind of, uh, records of all the things that they've hunted, like a book..."

"He probably means a bestiary."

"What/"

"A bestiary," I repeated my voice dragging slightly and void of any serious nature. Everything felt so peaceful and like it wasn't anything to be bothered by. I didn't need to cry anymore.

Scott began to giggle slightly as he said it next words, "I think you mean bestiality."

"Nope, pretty sure I don't. It's like an encyclopedia of mythical creatures," Stiles explained and my lips quirked up in amusement. I'd found one of those when I'd been trying to research the bond months ago. It all felt like a whole other lifetime and yet it was only two dozen weeks at most.

"How am I the only one who doesn't know anything about this stuff?"

"Because you're the mindless puppy," I mused patting him on top of the head, "thinking of nothing but your love of Derek and your hatred of Allison..." my brows furrowed as my words caught up in my head, "wait... no... that's not right."

"Okay," Stiles interrupted, "you're my best friend, you're a creature of the night... It's kind of, like, a priority of mine," Stiles added on.

"Okay. If we can find it, and it can tell us what this thing is--"

"And who."

"We need that book!" The two boys said simultaneously.

Stiles then ran back out of the halls heading towards Allison so that he could continue spreading the messages and a sigh left my lips as I took Stiles seat. "Hey, Grace," Scott's voice rang out and I glanced over at him quirking my eyebrow to urge him to continue, "you're doing okay, right?"

"Why would you ask that?"

"Because you're really pale, you're looking ill...and with everything going on recently," my smile faded and I shifted my weight leaning my head down on Scott's shoulder.

"Shhh," I ushered.

"Are you sure because-"

"Shhh." I cut in again and he fell silent. "You know Scotty, you're my cousin to. I know you're not actually related to Scott...Stiles even... but I still love you just as much as him," I assured and I could see the smile forming on his face. He opened his mouth to say something when Georgia ran up us.