Chapter Twelve

Once Danny had left, we all climbed into Stiles' jeep and Derek directed us to Beacon Hills hospital, although it was the care home unit. I didn't know why we were here considering I thought we were going to confront Melissa or go to Stiles' game, but there was probably some part of the plan that I was missing.

Stiles was on the phone to Scott, although I couldn't hear what they were saying once more. It would have been useful if they put the phone on speaker again.

"Yeah, I did, and it looks just like the drawing," Stiles said.

Derek then grabbed onto Stiles' hand pulling the phone closer to his own mouth although I was positive that Scott would have been able to hear him regardless, "Hey, is there something on the back of it? There's gotta be something-- an inscription, an opening, something..."

"I know. Look, if you see my dad, can you tell him... tell him I'll be there, I'll just be a little bit late, okay? All right, thanks," Stiles said and I couldn't help but raise my brow, he wasn't going to make it.

As the phone got cut off Derek looked at him, "you're not gonna make it."

"I know," Stiles breathed out.

"You didn't tell them about the text, either."

"Not 'til we find out the truth." Stiles said.

"There's probably some misunderstanding, it's Melissa... she wouldn't hurt anybody... unless they hurt Scott," I trailed off and Stiles nodded in agreement.

"By the way? One more thing..." Derek began and Stiles looked at him with his brow raised.

"Yeah?" He asked and Derek reached out slamming his head down onto the wheel and my body flinched not expecting the action, the noise was sickening. "Oh, God! What the hell was--"

"You know that was for." Derek growled.

"Fine then, next time we tell Danny the truth," I joked and he turned around with a glare, not that I particularly cared at this point. He hurts me and he hurts himself so really who is he playing there? Offering a shrug, I climbed out of the jeep with Stiles as we needed to find Peter's nurse. Again, I didn't undertand why.

We walked around for a while, and I had returned to fiddling with the pearl of my earring as we couldn't find them. We couldn't find anyone actually. There was no sign of anything and perhaps that's what filled my body with such anxiety. It didn't matter which way you looked at this something was wrong. Pulling it out my phone I dialled in Derek's number pressing it o my ear.

"We can't find her," I said glancing around in another room before moving on with Stiles and he could only respond with 'what?', "I said, we can't find her," I clarified slightly louder although I'm sure that wasn't what he meant by it.

"Look, ask for Jennifer. She's been looking after my uncle."

Turning into another room - the room which Peter Hale was supposed to be in - more confusion and anxiety grew in the pits of my stomach as I dragged Stiles in with me, "Derek... Peter isn't here either."

"What?" Derek snapped down the phone his entire tone changing.

"I told you. Peter's gone, he's not here," I explained.

It was silent for a moment, but the words which were shared next made my blood run cold, "Grace, get out of there now! It's him! He's the Alpha! Get out!" He shouted. Grabbing onto Stiles' hand, I dragged him out to run out of the building, but as we fell out of the door we were both stopped from going anywhere by Peter. He was just stood there so casually.