Chapter Sixty-Five

We were both staring up at Scott who had put a large bag filled with cash on the coffee table. I don't think I've ever seen so much cash in one place before. Derek had a lazy smile on his face whilst Scott looked panicked - something that I didn't understand. Apparently, they'd gotten the cash when Violet and Garrett had attacked Brett in the boy's locker room. That felt like so long ago by now and I wasn't even there to witness it.

"Okay," Derek finalised after Scott had finished explaining it.

"Don't you wanna know why it took so long to return it?" Scott asked, looking between us both and I raised my brow. Why would I care? Derek didn't seem to be bothered either.

"How much do you make at the animal clinic?"

"Minimum wage..."

"That's why. Everyone can be tempted, Scott-- even a True Alpha," Derek reminded and Scott raised his brow looking exasperated at the subject.

"You're not angry?"

"It's not even mine. It belongs to Peter," Derek dismissed and Scott frowned in confusion at the notion.

"Where's your money?"

"You're standing on it."

Scott's eyes went wide as he looked down at the floor, "there's another vault?"

"No, I own the building. And I have my own bank accounts. All the money from the vault was Peter's. I think we'd actually be better off if the rest never came back," Derek admitted.

"It would stop him from setting up another Deadpool," I droned and Derek nodded in agreement.

"I know Lydia was here last night," Scott cut in and both of us looked to him silently. We hadn't spoken about it yet. None of us wanted to come to terms with what it could mean and so for him to bring it up now was bringing us closer to dangerous ground. "Deaton's still working on figuring out what Kate did to you. If anyone can find an answer, it's him," he assured but that didn't bring any reassurance at all. "You two are a functioning couple..." he added on and both of us looked at him confused.

"What?" I asked.

"I need to go on a date with Kira. A proper good date...but I don't know what to do," Scott admitted and me and Derek both thought about it for a second.

"I don't know. I haven't gone on a date since.... junior year so I'm really not the one to ask," I confessed and Scott frowned as he looked between us.

"You've never gone on a date?"

"Well...there was that one...." I began only to realise that wasn't Derek and my voice trailed off, "no. Don't think we have," turning to look at the man I raised my brow as he looked over at me, "have we?"

"I don't think so," he droned. It was silent for a few seconds before Derek spoke up again, "you know what? I have an idea." He pushed himself to his feet and looked to Scott, "you can have the loft tonight...I don't know put some pretty lights up. Girls like that kind of thing, don't they?" He asked looking over to me.

"How would I know?"

"And we can go on our first official date," he added on looking over to me.

"That's a great plan," Scott finalised.

"That is not a great plan. What plan is this?" I countered looking up at Derek.

"You know what. You go get up and do out the loft and do whatever girls do at this time of the day," he mused dragging me up off the sofa and pushing me to the door.