Chapter Seven

Shifting another piece on the board, I sat back with a groan as I got stuck again. He was still winning with this play as well. "Dammit," I muttered. The books had been no help either so it wasn't like I could just figure it out on his own. Reaching out, I was about to reset it back to the positions it was in when I had resigned, but an excruciating pain shot through my arm forcing me to cry out in pain. It felt like I'd been shot. "What the hell?"

I didn't get any sleep that night. Between my arm killing me and a new sickness which seemed to form through my body none of it seemed to be working in my favour. My eyes had stained with tears from the pain and I'd probably overdosed on pain killers - all of which did nothing.

I wanted to scream but knowing Stiles he'd run in coming up with some ridiculously abstract explanation probably involving the supernatural.

Trailing my hand across the lockers, used them to keep myself upright as I tried to get to the jeep. I'd had numerous comments about how I looked like I'd been taking drugs and at this point I'd stopped correcting them. What was I going to say in defence? Yeah, it was just some random bug and pain that instantly hit, no explanation as to where it came from.

Making it outside, I stumbled over to the jeep where Stiles and Scott were waiting, "Gracie?" Stiles asked as he looked over at me, "what the hell happened?" He added and I shook my head not understanding myself. My arm had begone throbbing even worse than it was before.

"I don't know," I admitted, "I just want to go home," I added on and he nodded throwing open the door and helping me in. Scott and Stiles climbed in the front and they began to drive but immediately stopped, "what the hell," I groaned out as I slammed my hand on the chair in front of me to stop myself from dying.

"Oh, my God!" Stiles yelled out.

"Oh, no, no, no! No, not here!"

"You've gotta be kidding me. This guy's everywhere." Stiles added on and they climbed out the jeep. I was going to follow them but the energy had left my body. Cars began to pile up behind us each of them beeping their horns and some of them climbing out to see what the problem was.

The problem was Derek. I only knew that because he was hauled into passenger seat of the jeep. He looked just as bad as I felt. "Right, let's go," Stiles muttered.

"What about Scott?" I asked.

"He's going to find the bullet," Stiles explained.

"Bullet?" I asked, but wasn't given a response.

Was this something to do with the 'bond' that Derek kept talking about?

Once we got far enough, Stiles glanced over at Derek who was still struggling to get through it all. Truth be told I'm pretty sure that out of the both of us I was going to die first. I was the human, after all. "Hey, try not to bleed out on my seats, okay? We're almost there. And you madam, you better not throw up," he added on.

"Shut. Up." I growled.

"Yes Ma'am," he squeaked.

"Almost where?" Derek cut in.

"Your house."

"What? No, you can't take me there." Derek snapped and Stiles scoffed looking to him.

"I can't take you to your own house?"

"Not when I can't protect myself!"

"All right. What happens if Scott doesn't find your little magic bullet? Hmm? Are you dying?" Stiles asked and Derek grit his teeth looking to the floor.