Chapter Thirty-Five

Ignoring the annoying beat of the music, both me and Derek watched as Cora continued to do an array of exercises. I don't think I could do them all in full health and yet here she was going at it like there was no tomorrow. She wasn't in full health. She was definitely related to Derek. The pair were practically the same in mentality. I didn't know what to think about Derek. He reeked of another woman and whilst I knew there was little to it, he wouldn't tell me where he'd been. Why wouldn't he tell me?

"Stop," Derek grit out after a while. He was stood with his arms crossed whilst I was sat at the table the chess magazine in my hands. My name was in it. I was in a magazine because I'd won. Only Noah knew, no-one had bothered asking and I hadn't had the time to tell people about it. "You're not done healing."

"Yeah? Well, I'm done lying around." She said as she continued to do press ups. Derek only placed his foot on her back slamming her down into the ground - gently of course.

"Then sit."

"Are you gonna help me go after them?" Cora finally snapped pushing herself up to her feet to glare at him. She had his attitude to. "Come on!" She growled trying to fight him, Derek just took it. I could feel the nicks of her claws and the bruises which would have formed on my own body, could she not? "Fight back!" She shouted, but when he didn't she scoffed turning away from him, "I came back for this? I can't believe I got my ass thrown in a vault for three months for you! All those rumors I heard... A powerful new Alpha... One of the Hales! Building a pack! Do you know how long I waited to hear something like that? Do you have any idea how it felt to find out you were alive?"

I understood that. I wanted nothing more than for someone I knew to be brought back from the dead. Except for Peter. He could go back.

"I'm sorry to disappoint you." There it was. All of the guilt.

There was nothing I could say. What would I of said? Yes, I am apart of your world and I understand everything because I didn't. I didn't know the first thing. I also wouldn't call myself as apart of their world. They had to deal with it since they were born and I'd been dealing with it for a couple of months.

A light on the wall began to flash red and Cora looked at it confused whilst I dropped the magazine on the table pushing myself to my feet. I knew that it meant there was an intruder. There was danger.

"What's that?" She asked.

"Trouble." He grit out.

The door opened and three wolves walked in. Who were they? "Ready for a rematch?" One of them asked. He was the alpha from the hospital. Well... shit.

The fight was pathetic. It didn't matter what we did the others were always going to win. That much was evidenced when Cora was pressed against the floor a set of claws around her jaw, whilst i was pinned to the wall with a set of claws at my neck holding me up. It was getting harder to breathe.

Derek was kicked down onto the floor before Kali twisted a pole around jamming it down through his stomach. It went all the way through. And I felt it. My own mouth fell open in pain and I knew my eyes were glowing, but I couldn't make a sound. It was too painful to do anything.

" ...Everybody done?" A familiar voice sounded and through the pain I managed to look up to see the blind man from the hospital walking through the door, "Cause just listening to that was exhausting." He mused taking a seat down on the sofa, "so... let's chat. Sorry about this, Derek-- I asked Kali to be gentle, but..."

"This is me being gentle." Kali mused with a sick smirk. Did they enjoy being monsters?

"Let... let them go..." Derek grit out and Deucalion looked up at the other wolves before he gave a gentle nod. The moment they let go off me I fell to the floor blood falling from my mouth, "oh? That's rather interesting," he mused and within seconds a pain shot through my leg and I cried out in pain along side Derek. "And yet you haven't marked each-other..." he trailed off.