Chapter Sixty-One

Barging through the doors of the hospital, Derek looked around at all the nurses. He had Braeden - the only survivor of the werewolf massacre that had taken place - in his arms and she was bleeding out. "She's been shot!" He called out and the nurses all turned to look around and headed towards him. "I think she's dying," he added on as one of them dragged over a bed. He lay her down before taking a step back as he watched her be wheeled away.

Melissa was the first to approach us already knowing that something supernatural would be going on, "what happened?"

Looking around to make sure no-one could overhear us Derek began to explain.

Once he was done, Melissa nodded before leaving. Looking over to Derek, I raised my brow amused causing him to frown. "What? I'm protecting my investment."

"No... you're caring. You're allowed friends you know; I call it character growth," I mused, "now we should get home. We can come by tomorrow and Melissa will phone if there is any updates" I assured and he nodded before we took our leave.

The next day, we were both sat in Braeden's hospital room although I'd be lying if I said I wasn't wanting to fall asleep. He was sat in a seat much closer to Braeden and I was sat beside him. She'd yet to wake up but Melissa had assured us that she was going to be completely fine.

I was going through my phone looking at different places we could go. My goal was to find snow. I'd looked at Canada but then I figured Canada was so close to where we were in comparison to the rest of the world and that was what I truly wanted to see. In Lapland, you could see the Northern lights, but then I'd seen a couple of pictures of Norway and so far they'd completely captured my heart.

The door burst open and Melissa ran through with an injection in her hand, "what's that?" Derek asked perching on the edge of his seat as he watched over it carefully.

"Naloxone. We need to wake her up," Melissa urged, and we both frowned as we looked at her confused.

"I thought you said she needed to rest?"

"That was before I found out the CDC just put the high school under quarantine with Scott and Stiles still in there," she explained. She inserted the injection and for a moment I was glad I was never going to have to encounter the pain of injections again...hopefully not anyway. Although to be fair we got shot at a lot so I suppose that was just as bad. It took a few seconds for Braeden to wake up, "Braeden, look at me-- you were shot, but you're in the hospital, and you're fine. Do you understand?" Braeden nodded gently, "Good. Okay... Last night, you were in the woods, and you came across another pack? Do you know what happened to them?"

"I told you, they were poisoned-" Derek began, but Braeden cut him off.

"No. No, they were infected. It was a virus... designed to kill Werewolves. It did. It killed them all."

Melissa nodded before taking her leave and I quickly pushed myself to my feet following after her. My thoughts were on Stiles and how he might be stuck in a school which had a virus running around designed to kill werewolves. Granted, it shouldn't kill Stiles but regardless he didn't deserve to watch his friends die either.

"Wait, wait, wait, where did you get that information from?" I asked as we raced down the halls.

"Your uncle called me, they're trying to work out what's happening," she assured, but it wasn't very re-assuring.

Just as we got to the elevator, the doors opened to reveal Deaton, another woman and an ill man who was lying in a bed. Melissa froze as she thought about what it could mean and I knew that two of them were werewolves and it wasn't Deaton. One of them was covered in black liquid and it looked like how Derek and I found all of the bodies.