Chapter Twenty-Nine

Dragging the cardigan closer around my body, I walked over to Stiles room. The boy was supposed to of gone to school about ten or twenty minutes ago, but instead I could still hear the clicking and tapping of keys from his computer. It had been three months since the first full moon and whilst the control was still wavering it was a lot easier than the first full moon. In between Derek, Isaac and Peter looking for Boyd and Erica and simply trying to live an ordinary life we'd been doing a variety of different training. By training I mean getting my arse handed to me every time.

I also had an issue with Scott. I understood why he used Derek to bite Gerard. I understood the thinking behind it, but I still hated it. How violated Derek must have felt. It disgusted me. What disgusted me more was that Scott didn't even have the respect to let anyone in on the plan beforehand. It probably would have been much easier if the plan was shared with everyone.

There was already something brewing though. Something strange happening and I prayed to whoever was up there that we wouldn't have to deal with it. That we wouldn't have to risk our lives again. Last night, Stiles and Scott had been driving back from the tattoo parlour when a deer jumped straight into Lydia and Allison's car which was directly in front of them.

"You know how many vehicle collisions last year involved deer?" Stiles asked as both me and Noah peered into his room, "two hundred and forty-seven thousand."

"Oh, God, please go to school..." Noah groaned.

"Can you not just accept that it was a completely normal and accidental phenomenon?" I asked as he continued going through all the different facts and statistics.

"But that's crossing the road-- this one last night came right down the middle," he continued barely registering our own words. Sometimes I was thankful that I'd finished with school. Other times I was wondering why I still lived with Stiles because he didn't make it any better. I hadn't gone to college. I couldn't, not with the lack of control and the supernatural threat overwhelming.

"I'm not gonna beg you."

"Okay, good. I'm impervious to your influence, anyway," Stiles dismissed still clicking through different websites.

"Would you consider a bribe?"

"You couldn't meet my price."

"Extortion."

"You got nothing on me," Stiles dismissed.

"I'm sure I have something," I interrupted, "I mean a certain collection of baby photos which I could anonymously send through the mail..." I began and he looked up glaring at me as Noah walked behind him, "to a certain strawberry blonde girl who you've only I don't know...had a crush on since the third grade?"

"You wouldn't."

"Oh, but I would."

Noah then grabbed onto his chair beginning to pull it away, but Stiles was still trying to do the research. "Dad, what are you doing?" He asked, but when it was still being dragged back and Stiles was trying to get there he continued, "dad, what are you doing?" He repeated before the chair got too far away from the computer and Stiles fell to the floor with a cry. A smirk formed on my lips and I couldn't help but glance down at the floor to hide my laughter.

"Go to school, Stiles." We both said before parting ways.

"So what are you going to be doing today, you know... I heard that it's not too late to apply to college," Noah trailed off and I sighed giving him a small smile. For a little while I had enough money - I'd been saving all the money my parents had given me through the will for college, but now it was just keeping me going until I'd gotten a job or something.