Chapter Fifteen

Moving another piece on the board I glanced to the door, "Stiles, come here," I called out and the boy soon came stumbling in his eyes looking at the half empty pill bottle on the bed before he turned to look at me. "In chess, the most common and successful opening move is the Sicilian Defence.... the problem is, we don't have the opening move..." I trailed off and his eyes narrowed as he tried to understand why I was telling him.

"Well of course we don't, we're human." He reminded, that was a terrible reminder though.

"Exactly...so we need a strategy. One that will beat the first move," I pointed out and he nodded slowly.

"So a plan, we need a plan," I suppose I could have simply said that as well, "but we don't have a plan...should we borrow one of dads guns."

"What? No!" I hissed smacking him on the upside of the head, "none of us know how to use a gun you nitwit... but we do know how to use our brains..."

"We can't throw a brain at someone though, can we?"

"No... but we can throw something else." I mused, turning my head to meet his eyes, "I have a plan."

As the arrow lodged itself into Derek's shoulder, I cried out in pain falling slightly as another arrow shot out hitting Derek's leg and we both fell to the floor. "Scott your eyes!" Derek yelled out and both Scott and Derek quickly covered their eyes as an arrow hit the tree releasing a blinding flash although it wasn't that bad for me. "Get up! Let's go!" He added on trying to haul us all up. "Scott, take Grace and go!" He shouted.

"Allison, I can explain," Scott pleaded crawling back as the said girl walked over to him.

"Stop lying. For once, stop lying."

"I was gonna tell you the truth at the formal. I was gonna tell you everything... because everything that I said, everything that I did--"

"Was to protect me," Allison interrupted. Pushing myself up, I crawled over to Derek grabbing onto the arrows and yanking them out of his body which each time brought a hiss to my own lips from the pain. "I don't believe you."

"Thank God. Now, shoot him before I have to shoot myself!" Kate groaned walking closer to Allison.

"You... you said we were just gonna catch them..."

"We did that. Now we're gonna kill them." Kate added on and the pain was like no other I'd felt before. I couldn't breathe it felt that painful, "see? not that hard. Oh, no... I know that look. That's the "You're gonna have to do it yourself" look." She walked forward holding the gun to Scott.

"Kate... Kate, what are you doing?" Allison asked, but it was all turning into shrieks in my head as it all started to take over.

"I love those brown eyes..."

"Kate!" A new voice shouted out and I tried to turn my head to see Chris walking forward with a gun in hand, "I know what you did. Put the gun down."

"I did what I was told to do."

"No one asked you to murder innocent people! There were children in that house, ones who were human. Look what you're doing now! You're holding a gun at a sixteen-year-old boy with no proof he's spilled human blood!" Chris pointed out, "We go by the Code-- "Nous chassons ceux qui nous chassent."" When Kate didn't put the gun down, he shot at the tree beside her head, "Put the gun down... before I put you down."

Kate then lowered her hand, but before the conversation could continue the Hale house door creaked open and all of us pushed our eyes to looked at it. "Allison, get back," Chris urged.