Chapter Six

Once Scott had left, I took a deep breath to try and calm my mind down before I looked back at him. "Are you gonna tell me the truth or perhaps anything useful or should I go before you waste more of my time?" I asked and he narrowed his eyes looking back at me. It felt like he was contemplating something.

"I have a proposition for you," he finally stated and I was about to protest before I realised that it was probably a good idea. Crossing me arms, I turned my body slightly tilting my head to try and make it look like I wasn't as interested as I was. I probably just looked like an idiot.

"What kind of proposition?"

His smirk grew before he started walking down the steps, "come on, we're going for a ride." For god sake. I just wanted answers. That's all I wanted and all he had done was make me more confused.

Climbing into the passenger seat of the car, I watched him as he began to drive, "so this proposition?"

"You have a very one track mind. Not the fun kind either," he joked.

"I can be fun when I want to be," I countered quickly.

"Your idea of fun is playing a game of chess with yourself and finding weaknesses in your own plays," he pointed out and I opened my mouth to respond but found I couldn't. He was right. Was I really that boring? "Although I suppose, you do come out with some strange things. Like how close dogs are related to wolves and the need to point out your shorts to the world..." he trailed off. Heat rose to my cheeks as I covered my mouth letting my elbow rest on the side of the car.

"You saw that?" I muttered not knowing what else to say.

"Saw it, heard it, thought about it..."

"Thought... about it?" I repeated, but he didn't say anything this time. "You still haven't told me the proposition."

"Right, you figure out what to do next on the board and I'll tell you."

"You mean, if I work out how to win against your move, you'll tell me everything?"

"Yes."

I nodded slowly to show my understanding, "your an ass," I finalised. I was never going to find out.

"Yep."

At the confirmation, I bit down on my lip trying to contain my smile, but it only ended up making it worse as a laugh fell out instead and he soon began laughing in turn. You wouldn't think I'd found out he was a murderer a few days days before. Nor that I now knew about a whole other world which hadn't been on my chest board before.

Pulling to a stop I lent forward glancing at the sign in front of us. Beacon Hills hospital. "Stay here, I'll be out in a second," he said and I nodded slowly although he didn't even give enough time for a response as he left.

Looking around, I tried to find something to entertain myself with before I lent back just enough so that I could see the ceiling. The chess parts grew and I could see everything. I was now dying to work it out faster than ever as there was actually something to be gained out of it other than not being tricked in the same way again. Nothing.

Sighing I straightened back out tugging my phone out in hopes of playing games until Derek came back. It was mere moments later when a wave of anger, confusion and desperation hit my head and I knew full well they weren't my emotions. I was angered and desperate to figure it all out, but nowhere near to that extent. That was the third time this had happened, was there something wrong with me? Was this something you were supposed to go the hospital about? I couldn't be sure.