the argument

Once had love, and it was divine

I soon found out, i was losing my mind.
Seemed like the real thing, but i was so blind.
Much o' mistrust, love's gone behind
Love is so confusing, there's no peace of mind
If I fear I'm losing you it's just no good

Heart of glass by,
Blondie

y / n  m a l f o y

A few days flew by since Harry and Cho. Blaise and i also gotten closer overtime, mainly because we like to make fun of Draco. It's like our favourite activity, if i'm actually being honest.

I've been sitting at the Slytherin table ever since. Because Cho decided it would be a good idea to always be with Harry every second of the day, so she sits with him and my friends. I don't feel comfortable seeing her and Harry all over each other all the time, so i chose to sit with Blaise and Draco.

Hermione and Ron still talk to me on a daily, in our bedroom and common room. Harry only looks at me weirdly, without saying anything. It's kind of awkward when you and your ex boyfriend are in the same friend group.

I even sit with Blaise in some classes, just to get away from Harry. But i actually do enjoy chatting with him. He seems nice, unlike other Slytherins are to me. He's also quite charming and a fun person to talk to.

"Y/n, have i told you that you are the most gorgeous girl in Hogwarts?"

Blaise says, smiling as he walks me back to the Gryffindor common room after class. I furrow my eyebrows at him, and he twinkles his eyes.

Sorry, Zabini. But i'm not falling for that.

"What do you want, Blaise?" I roll my eyes. I know if he's being this nice he really is desperate for something.

"I don't want anything, i just—"

"Quit lying, what do you want?"

"Alright, alright," He huffs in defeat, still keeping a smirk on his face, "Can i copy your potions homework?"

"The essay Snape set due tomorrow?"

His face lights up with excitement, "Yes!"

"Fuck no," I laugh out, and his face drops, turning to a scowl.

"Please, Y/n! I'll change it up a bit," Blaise pleads.

"No can do, Blaise," I shake my head, grinning.

"Why not?" He pouts, "I'm your best friend!"

"Whoa there, Mister Zabini. Let's not get ahead of ourselves. That's Ron and Hermione's spot, sorry," I shrug, smirking slightly as we walk up the stairs to the fat lady portrait.

"I'm literally walking you to your common room.. Even if it's ridiculously far from mine. I bet Draco doesn't even do this," Blaise scoffs, crossing his arms.

"You're right," I nod, "He doesn't."

"Okay so give me your homework! In return of these sore legs!" He complains, and i only shake my head.

"I didn't ask you to walk me back," I chuckle, crossing my arms.

Suddenly, Harry walks past us angrily. He even purposefully hit Blaise's shoulder with his as he walks to the fat lady portrait. Blaise furrows his eyebrows, as Harry shoots him a death stare.

"Ignore him, Blaise. He's weird," I tell my friend, and he nods, "You're fucking right he is. What's his problem?"

"Cho hasn't snogged him enough, probably?" I joke, as Blaise smirks. "Probably."

"I should get in. Thanks for walking me back, even though i didn't ask you,"  I thank him, playfully rolling my eyes and flashing a grin.

I begin to walk away, but Blaise shouts, "Y/n!" I turn back, "Yes?"

"How will you ever repay these sore legs for walking all the way here? Perhaps the potions essay—"

"Goodbye, Blaise," I chuckle, shaking my head. I mutter the password to the common room, and the fat lady portrait swing open. I walk into the room, greeted by Harry sitting on one of the chairs.

"You've been on and about with Zabini, huh?" He raises his eyebrows.

"We're just friends," I reply blankly. I walk towards the stairs, trying to get to my dorm, but Harry stands up and blocks my way.

"So are you two going to go to Hogsmeade together for valentine's?" He asks, standing close to me. The familiar scent of his breath, pumpkin juice and treacle tart. Bringing back some sort of deja-vu. My heart starts to beat faster and faster as Harry moves closer to me. I look deeper into his eyes, and his gaze wanders down to my lips.

"I told you, he's just my friend," I cross my arms, breaking eye contact with him and backing away from him a bit.

"Why does it have to be Zabini? Why not.. Dean?" He shrugs, and i scoff at him.

"Well i'm sorry that my brother introduced me to the only friend he has that i actually like to hang out with."

"You mean his only friend you like to snog?" He raises his eyebrows, crossing his arms.

"We're not snogging!" I exclaim, and Harry snickers,

"Oh so i'm just supposed to believe that?"

"You don't have to believe me! Because surprise, surprise, you're not my boyfriend anymore! And guess what, Potter? You were the one who broke up with me. So why should it concern you?"

"I- I just want to look out for you! those Slytherins—"

"You've never even trusted me. Every single fight we ever had was because you didn't fucking trust me," I cut him off before he could even finish his sentence.

"I'm just scared of losing you, Y/n," He says, which takes me by surprise. Wasn't he the one who let me go? Didn't he say that we wouldn't work? Does he have amnesia now?

"Well too bad you've already lost me." I shrug, and he looks down to his feet, frowning.

"Besides you're already with Cho, aren't you?" I continue, ask him. His head shoots up at me as soon as i her names falls out of my mouth.

"Well.. We're going to Hogsmeade as each other's valentines, so.." Harry mutters under his breath. I feel my heart slightly drop, but i shoot my chin up and put on a poker face.

"Alright then, fantastic. So why do you still care about me?"

He stays silent.

"Cat got your tongue?" I scoff, "Honestly, Harry, you're the most confusing person i have ever met in my entire life."

a/n;
hey yall, i privated y/n's insta and i'm also planning on deactivating soon.

because people from my school started finding out about it and i'm actually having a panic attack rn like what if they read this book

okay bye