world cup

"Yeah, but water tastes better anyways

"Yeah, but water tastes better anyways."

y / n  m a l f o y

"Y/n! Wait up, will you?" I hear Harry's voice call out. As he runs up to me, i give Cedric an apologetic smile and stop in my tracks, and the Hufflepuff carries on walking.

"What were you and Cedric giggling about?" Harry asks me, as we walk together.

"Awe, look at you.. Being all jealous," I laugh out, and he scowls at me.

"No, seriously!"

"It was nothing, he just said he has seen me around school, that's all."

"That's all? Really?" Harry asks me again, i turn my head to look at him.

Seeing the worry and jealousy in his face, i sigh in amusement and laugh.

"He called me dashing too, that's about it," I tell him truthfully, and his eyebrows instantly furrow.

Oh i love jealous Harry.

"Dashing? What's that supposed to mean?"

"It means attractive, Har–"

"I know what dashing means!"

"It doesn't mean anything, Harry. You're still the most dashing person i've met," I tease, and i see Harry's cheek turn to a light shade of pink.

"Shut up."

"Why are they all standing around that manky old boot?" Harry asks, as we catch up with the others. "That isn't just any manky old boot, mate," Fred says to him, which leaves Harry confused.

"It's a Portkey," George tells him, which makes Harry even more confused.

"Time to go!"

"What's a Portkey?" Harry asks me, when Fred and George are already ahead of us.

"You'll see," I nudge his shoulder, smiling as i walk ahead.

"Ready! After three. One, two..."

"Harry!" I call out, pulling his hand to touch the portkey.

After arriving, we say our goodbyes to the Diggorys. Harry's not very fond of Cedric's goodbye greeting to me, which is kissing my cheek.

We gather around in what looks like a tiny tent, but it's much bigger and cozier once we get inside.

Harry has already picked a bunk, as i see him laying on one of the bottom bunk beds. I walk up to him, and climb up to the top bunk of his bed.

"Mind if we share?" I ask him playfully as i get comfortable on the bed.

"Seriously though, Y/n. I see you and Cedric being all comfortable around each other. I just– I don't understand.. Are we– You know..." He stutters, i know he can't hide his jealousy anymore.

"Come up here, Harry."

He does what i say, climbing up to my bunk and sitting on the edge of my bed.

"Yes, i do think he's handsome. But that does NOT mean i'm crazy in love with him or anything like that," I tell him, emphasizing on not. He looks at me with doubtful eyes.. But then sighs, and nods his head.

"But he called you dashing–"

"That's beside the point, Haz," I chuckle, hitting his arm playfully. And also giving him a newfound nickname.

"Haz?" He asks me, furrowing his eyebrows. "What's that?"

"Just a cute little nickname for you," I smile, but he still looks confused.

"But why Haz? I understand the H and the A, but where does the Z come from?"

"I just made it up– It's cute!"

"But it doesn't make sense, Y/n!"

"Harry! Point is, i don't care if he called me dashing, attractive, or beautiful. No one can replace you."

———————

"Blimey, Dad. How far up are we?" Ron asks, as we climb through the staircase.

"Well, put it this way: lf it rains.. You'll be the first to know."

I hear a very familiar voice say. A voice that i don't want to hear ever again. I turn back to see father and Draco.

There he is, Draco is wearing a black suit.

As much as i want to brag to Fred and George, this isn't the right moment.

"Oh no..." I mutter, burrying my face into Harry's shoulder. Clearly embarrassed of my father's behavior.

Mainly because the Weasleys have been so kind to me.

"Father and l are int he minister's box! By personal invitation of Cornelius Fudge himself!" Draco proudly tells, i huff loudly, removing my head from Harry's shoulder.

I stare at Draco right in the eyes, and tell him via telepathy,

"Shut up, no one cares."

He scoffs and rolls his eyes.

"Oh no, Draco.. Don't embarrass me, i talk so highly of you to them," I shrug in frustation, crossing my arms.

"Don't boast, Draco.There's no need with these people." Father tells my brother off, hitting his stomach with his walking cane, making Draco bend down in pain.

Why was that necessary? Why did he feel the need to hit his son like that?

"Don't hit him like that!" I shout, making father's head turn back to me.

"Ah..daughter, perhaps i treated you too harshly." He says with a sadistic smile.

"Oh, shove off Lucius," I roll my eyes, crossing my arms in annoyance.

"May i remind you, Y/n. You are a malfoy, you can't associate yourself with these type of people, we are high class. Come, join me and your brother. we can sit down in the minister's box."

Oh now i'm a Malfoy? Now i get invited? That's not how i remember it. I thought father didn't have room for blood traitors. Why the change of heart?

"That's how high class people talk? Not a chance am i sitting with you, father. Goodbye now, let's go you lot," I say as i grab Harry's hand, pulling him away. The others walk too, but we're stopped by my father holding Harry's jacket back with his cane.

He turns his head to me from Harry, and says,
"Just remember dear, blood is thicker than water."

"Yeah but water tastes better anyways," I snicker at him.

"Do enjoy yourself, won't you? While you can." Father says to Harry, studying our interlocked hands. I pull Harry away from him.

"So sorry about them," I apologise to the group.

"Not to worry, Y/n. You haven't done anything wrong," Mr. Weasley smiles, rubbing my back assuringly.