boggart

"Don't be scared, Y/n! Fight your fears!"

y / n m a l f o y

"Intriguing isn't it?"

"Would anyone like to venture a guess as to what is inside?" Professor Lupin asks, pacing around the classroom.

I like him, compared to our previous Defense Against the Dark Arts teachers. He seems like a nice man, and a lot of fun.

I also happen to know he helped Harry with that dementor attack at the beginning of the year.

"That's a boggart, that is," Dean Thomas, another fellow Gryffindor answers.

Dean is a nice boy. I'm a friend of his. It was a lonely first year, and Dean was there for me most of the time, up until second year. We don't speak much anymore, and it's my fault, really.

I still can't stop thinking about that kiss.

Well, with Harry, it's only a kiss on the cheek, but it somehow still gives me butterflies. Did he really mean to do that or was he just caught in the moment?

I don't have feelings for Harry, do i?

"Very good, Mr Thomas," Professor Lupin's voice snaps me back from my thoughts.

I guess Harry saw that the professor's vouce startled me a bit, he goes on to put his hand on my shoulder, his face puzzled.

"Are you okay?" He asks.

I nod and smile, "Yeah, of course. Why wouldn't i be?"

"Well, you kind of zoned out."

"Well, my brain is back here now."

"Are you okay?" I return the question.

"Yes, i'm brilliant!"

I smile, looking away from Harry. I decide it would be best to just pay attention to class for now.

"Now can anybody tell me what a boggart looks like?"

"No one knows," Hermione chimes in.

"When did she get here?" Ron asks.

How- How is she here? She wasn't here just a couple minutes ago. How did she get here that fast? I thought she had other classes?

Weird.

"Boggarts are shape shifters. They take the shape of whatever a person fears most. That's what makes them so.."

"Terrifying. Yes, yes, yes. Luckily, a simple charm exists to repel a boggart. Let's practice it now. Without wands, please,

After me, Ridikkulus!"

"Ridikkulus!" The class repeats.

"This class is ridiculous," I hear Draco scoff. I turn around and furrow my eyebrows at him.

Professor Lupin asks us to form a line. We all push through, not wanting to be in front.

Neville is asked by the Professor about what he fears most, and the class burst into laughter when he replies.

"Professor Snape."

Not long after, Snape comes out of the wardrobe we've been staring at for a long while.

"Ridikkulus!" Neville exclaims with fear in his voice. And Professor Snape twirls like a tornado, before revealing himself in Neville's grandmother's clothes.

Professor Lupin steps off to play a song on vinyl, he seems to be enjoying this as much as i am.

I smile at him and nod, and he smiles back.

Now this is my kind of teacher.

Next up, Ron. His boggart is a giant spider, whose feet turns into skates after he yells out the spell.

I walk up to the wardrobe after my name was called. Ron's boggart twirls, turning to...

Draco?

I stare at him, i mean the boggart, in confusion. "What?" I ask, dumbfounded. I scratch my head and turn to Professor Lupin.

"Professor, that's just my brother. I'm not scared of him," i shrug, before turning my head to the back of the class.

"Draco, that's just you!" I shout so he can hear me, and he looks as confused as i am.

"Patience, Y/n," Lupin smiles, and i stare back at the Draco formed boggart.

Then, a force of dark magic starts to appear, chasing the boggart Draco, screaming in fear.

I freeze, i can't move a single muscle. I try, i try to grab my wand but i can't.

Just then, Draco turns into Harry. Now it's him the one being chased.

My chest feels heavy, i start to struggle to breathe.

"Don't be scared, Y/n, fight your fears!" Lupin shouts.

Harry turns into Hermione, then Hermione turns into Ron.

Then it hits me,

My worst fear is seeing the people closest to me in danger.

"It's not real, they're safe here, see? They're all safe in this room. Now do it!" The Professor shouts to me once more.

"Ridikkulus!" I yell, then the boggart turns to a dancing clown.

I sigh in relief.

That was a tough one.

"Well done, Y/n!" Lupin compliments, i smile gratefully at him.

I turn around, seeing Harry who's behind me. He looks at me with worried eyes, but smiles anyway.

I move to the back of the line, meeting Draco.

"That was weird," he scoffs. I don't reply, taken aback by Harry's boggart.

A dementor.