'ˎ˗ Oh Brother

"Just listen to me! Stay away from them!"

y/n malfoy.

I skip down the hallway to the great hall. Of course, smiling like an idiot. I finally found friends. Not just any friends though, the golden trio are finally friends with me.

Sure, i've had a few friends, but none that stays with me every second of the day. Not the ones who are constantly with me, i mean.

Just a few people that i know around school, not actually close friends.

This time, with Harry, Hermione, and Ron.. I feel like they're going to stay.

Third year had barely started yet, and i'm already blessed.

Suddenly, i bump into someone. Making me snap out of my thoughts.

"Y/n," A familiar voice says, i look up to see,

Draco.

"Brother," I greet him back, by the look on his face i can tell he's not very happy.

"What's wrong?" I ask, a puzzled expression on my face.

He drags me down the empty hallway, further from the big doors of the great hall. I look at him in confusion, but he doesn't even glance at me.

"Merlin, Y/n, befriending Potter? That mudblood Granger? And Weasley? Really?" He scoffs, with a disgusted expression.

"What's so wrong about that? They're nice people," I shrug, my brother has never been this angry to me. We always pretend like we hate each other, because that's what my father wants.

His perfect Slytherin son hating his neglected Gryffindor daughter. Even if they're siblings, even if they love each other.

"What's so wrong about that, you say?" He scowls, "We're the Malfoys, for Salazar's sake! We're a high class pureblood family! And you hanging out with them doesn't scream 'I'm a Malfoy'!"

My brother was always there, even after i got sorted into Gryffindor, he always secretly sees me. I thought he still supported me, no matter who i get along with.

I was wrong.

"Draco, you never had a problem with me being in Gryffindor! I thought you said you would always be there for me!" I shout back, luckily nobody was around to see the Malfoy twins argue.

"Yes, being in Gryffindor is one thing, but being friends with those three disgusting people is another! This is a totally different scenario, sister. I can tolerate you being a Gryffindor, but not being friends with them. I'm sure you can find other friends," He shrugs, and i can feel my eyebrows furrowing.

"I don't want to! They're my friends!"

"I can't believe i have a blood traitor as a sister!"

"Draco, how could you-"

"Just listen to me! Stay away from them! Those.. blood traitors and that mudblood."

"They're nice people, Draco! Stop calling them that! You don't know them, please. You're my brother, you promised you would always-"

"Me or them?" He cuts me off, i can hear the hostility in his voice.

"What?"

"Choose. Me or them? It's up to you."

"Draco, i can't-"

"CHOOSE, Y/N NARCISSA MALFOY!"

"Fine, i choose you," I reluctantly say, tears flowing down my eyes. As much as i enjoy my friends' company, i would always, always, choose my brother.

"It's settled then. Stay. Away." My twin brother says as he walks away from me.

I lean back against the wall, and i can feel the tears flooding. I sit down on the cold floor, burrying my face in my knees.

Why can't i be happy?

Why can't my brother be happy for me?