goodbye dobby

We can find a way to break throughEven if we can't find heavenI'll walk through hell with youLove, you're not alone'Cause I'm gonna stand by you

Even if we can't find heaven
I'll walk through hell with you
Love, you're not alone
'Cause I'm gonna stand by you

Stand by you by,
Rachel Platten

y / n  m a l f o y

When the both of us turn around, we quickly break off our argument. As Harry runs to Dobby, and i quickly follow after. Dobby rests weak in Harry's arms, and the only thing i can do is look down at my ex house elf with teary eyes. My best friend, my first ever friend in this world that i had, is dying before my eyes.

My aunt and father would say that i'm over dramatic. They would say that Dobby is just an elf, and it didn't matter if he were to die. But for me, it does matter. He kept me company for so long, when i had no one. When Theo ditched me, Dobby cheered me up. When my father didn't care about me, Dobby did.

And now i have to see him die.

It hurts me, breaks me to pieces. It pains me to see him die before my eyes, knowing there probably isn't anything i can do to save him. I just have to watch as his soul leaves his body.

"Dobby. No, just— Hold on," Harry sobs, "Hold on. Look, just hold on, okay?" He then looks up at Hermione, and says, "We'll fix you. Hermione will have something. In your bag. Hermione? Hermione?"

Hermione doesn't respond, she's stands still with Ron beside her. I try my best to contain my tears, but they end up flooding down anyway. I hold Dobby's hand, and try to assure him and myself that he's going to be cured soon. I force a smile and tell him, "You'll be okay, Dobby. You'll be just fine."

"What is it? Help me!" Harry shouts at our best friend, still helplessly pleading. While i still try to talk to Dobby, even though the tears are unbearable. I say to the elf, "Dobby you told me you'd always be there for me, remember?"

"Such a beautiful place to be with friends. Dobby is happy to be with his friends Harry Potter and Master Y/n Malfoy," Dobby smiles up on us, and i shake my head, telling him, "I'm happy to be with you too, please stay," I plead, my voice cracks as i break down to tears.

"Master Y/n Malfoy has always been Dobby's best friend. Since Master Y/n Malfoy was born, Dobby was already there. Dobby is happy to be friends with Miss Malfoy when she was just a baby. Dobby was always happy to serve Master Y/n."

Hearing him say that brings back so many memories. The days that i spent with Dobby were always happy. I sob, pleading him to stay strong, "Dobby, please—"

"Good bye, Harry Potter, Y/n Malfoy."

And just like that, he's gone.