Epilogue I

2017

2017.

Y/n Potter

"Mumsy? What's this?"

When i hear my daughter Lily calling out to me, i walk downstairs, finding her holding a box of letters in her hands. I smile, and tell my little girl, "Oh these are the letters that mum and dad wrote to each other while at school."

Harry and i have been married for about 14 years now. We've been living in 12 Grimmauld Place for these past years. We even added our children to the Black family tree. We're blessed with four incredible children. James Sirius Potter, Lily Narcissa Potter, Remus Arthur Potter, and Minerva Molly Potter. James and Lily have started school at Hogwarts. Lily being a year younger than James, is starting her second year. While James, is entering his third. Their little siblings, the Potter twins, Remus and Minnie are just now starting their journey at Hogwarts as first years.

Proud is an understatement. Although, James and his best friend Leo Nott, make things difficult for the teachers at Hogwarts. The two Gryffindors have been best friends since they first met, following mine and Leo's father's footsteps, in becoming friends at an early age.

As Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher, i can see that my kids are doing well in their academic achievements. Especially Lily, our Ravenclaw. Having a Ravenclaw in the family is very exciting for me. Especially because the Malfoys and Blacks come from a long line of Slytherins, while the Potters usually get sorted into Gryffindor.

"Who started writing first?" The voice of my third child, Remus, asks. I chuckle, while watching James rummage through the box. "I'm afraid it was me, Remus." I reply, as my husband comes up to us, and asks, with his eyebrows furrowed. "Afraid? Why?" Harry chuckles.

"What did you say?" My first born asks curiously, looking back at me. I reply, clasping my hands together, "There were lots of things, James." But he isn't satisfied with that, so he says, "Well you've got to remember one?"

"I still remember the first one word for word. It goes.." I start, recalling the exact moment i wrote the letter and sent it off to Harry about 24 years ago. "Dear Harry Potter, i'm terribly sorry about my brother and how he has been acting towards you."

"Well that was less romantic than i thought it would be," James scoffs.

"Uncle Draco?" Remus asks, lifting one eyebrow. I glance at Harry, who's pressing his lips together, quite embarrassed when Draco was brought up. "You might not know this, but your father and uncle Draco were mortal enemies."

"That explains a lot," James snickers, looking at his father. "But Uncle Draco was the person who even got you two together in the first place," Lily says. As i come to the conclusion that what she said might be true. Harry seems to agree, he shrugs, "Yeah, well. I suppose you're right."

"I'm gonna call Uncle Draco and ask him all about your ridiculous rivalry," James laughs, reaching for his phone and walking out of the living room. "Don't forget about that time he turned into a ferret," I tell him, holding my laughter. Harry smirks, recalling the incident 23 years ago.