Vol. 2.3 | The Moon

Talking to the moon, trying to get to youIn hopes you're on the other side, talking to me too Or am I a fool, who sits alone, talking to the moon?

In hopes you're on the other side, talking to me too
Or am I a fool, who sits alone, talking to the moon?

Talking to the moon by,
Bruno Mars
(Please listen to the full song. it literally screams Harry's feelings)

harry potter.

Nightfall comes.

And here i am, sitting beside my bedroom window. A cup of coffee in my left hand, and a framed picture of Y/n in my right. I watch as the stars sprinkle in the dark blue night sky. It kind of brings me back to those astronomy tower dates with her. Just stargazing, and laughing.

I've been talking to the moon to deal with my grief. I once said to her, if we were ever apart again, i wanted her to talk to the moon. Because i'll always, and always be behind it to talk back to her.

I'm hoping she remembers that. Wherever she is.

I hear someone entering my room suddenly, and a familiar voice calls out, "Harry." I didn't need to turn around, i know who it is. I can recognize that voice anywhere. "Oh hi, Ron."

The Weasleys practically live her, as they try their best to comfort me. Make me forget. Make me move on. They're staying strong for me even though i know they miss Y/n as well. I caught Mrs. Weasley crying a couple times. I caught Mr. Weasley looking at her pictures that are hanged around the house gloomily as well.

"I miss her mate," Ron says as he creeps up beside me. And the only thing i can say to him is, "1460 days. That's how long it's been. And yet not even a day goes by without me thinking about her."

Another person comes into the room. Hermione. "Hello," She greets while walking up to us, standing beside Ron.
"Hi, Mione," Ron replies, as the three of us look out of the window. Up to the moon.

"I'm so stupid," I sigh, trying to wipe away my tears. Hermione looks down at me, her eyebrows furrowed. She asks, "Why do you think that?" I look up at my best friends, stuttering as i try to form words, "Because-- Because this was all my fault."

"She was the happiest she had ever been when she was with you, Harry. Did you realize that?" Hermione says, and i can feel my heavy breathing calming down as soon as i hear her statement. Hermione then continues, "She couldn't produce the patronus charm. No matter how hard she tried, she just couldn't. But did you know what memory she used to cast her first one?"

"It was her first kiss with you," She tells me, "That's the memory she chose, she told me. And it worked."
I feel a slight smile creeping up on my face. Hearing all the things Hermione said, sort of cheer me up a bit.

"Y/n doesn't regret loving you, Harry. In her last days all she wanted was to be with you. So don't beat yourself up for it," Ron chimes in, patting my shoulder. I nod, looking up at him, "You're right."