Vol. 2.15 | Pre-Engagement

I'm jealous of the loveLove that was in hereGone for someone else to shareIt's hard for me to say i'm jealous of the way you're happy without me

Love that was in here
Gone for someone else to share
It's hard for me to say i'm jealous of the way you're happy without me

Jealous by,
Labrinth

theodore nott

I decided to play along. For now. I don't want anyone to be suspicious that i'm reading about love potions and how to brew the antidote. It has to be a love potion effect. She doesn't love me. This isn't real love. This is wrong. Draco and Blaise would probably help me with this, so i'm probably going to talk to them about it later.

As for now, i hide my good ol' potions book in my dresser, as i descend to the dining room. There i find Y/n, her parents, her brother, and my father sitting together, seems to be having a lovely chat, by the looks of it.

The real Y/n would strangle me to death right now. But here she is, waving excitedly while giggling, signaling me to sit beside her. I force a smile as i pull out the chair, taking the seat beside her. "Hey!" She greets with a huge grin, taking my arm in hers immediately. I only nod awkwardly in response. This is so weird.

"So.. Theodore," Mr. Malfoy starts, "Now that you're here, we can discuss matters about the wedding. Y/n has already agreed." I feel my breath hitching, as my body stiffen. Although i try to keep my composure. Remember Theo, stay calm, play along, help Y/n be herself again.

"What about it?" I ask, my voice trembling a little bit. I don't want to get married to Y/n. At all. She's more of a.. Nevermind. It's just weird, being forced to marry your best friend. "Well.. We were thinking of having a pre-engagement party tomorrow night. Only with close friends, of course. We'll keep it subtle, the world doesn't know Y/n Malfoy is alive," My father answers my question. And as soon as he opened his mouth i wanted to punch his teeth out.

"Potter is invited. Those blood traitor Weasleys, and even mudblood Granger," Lucius Malfoy says again. Y/n doesn't even seem to care. She's completely smitten. But i don't think inviting Potter is a good idea. Think of how crushed he's going to be. "No, not Potter," I object, shaking my head.

"Why is that, Theodore?" Mr. Malfoy asks again. It's so obvious he wants to see Potter in pain. But remember Theo. Play. Along. "Well.. I just don't want my future wife's ex boyfriend to be at my party." I grit my teeth as the words fall out of my mouth. Feeling uneasy. "Well that's exactly why he should be there!" Lucius Malfoy exclaims, laughing. "Potter has caused so much trouble for our family. He has to see this," He continues.

Draco and Narcissa don't seem to be too fond of this idea either, but they have no control over what Lucius does. I sigh, realizing that if even his wife and son can't convince him otherwise, then i certainly can't either. "Good idea, Lucius," My father speaks up. I swear i'm this close to pulling my wand out and crucio him right now. What an ass hat.