Vol. 2.25 | Popping The Question

y/n malfoy

y/n malfoy

"Hermione, everything will be perfect. It'll all go as planned."

I try to reassure Hermione in the makeup room. She's a complete mess, her mind is everywhere. She's nervous, and worried for her wedding, while as maid of honor and best friend, i'm trying to calm her down. "What if i mess it up?" She asks, looking at herself in the mirror, "What if he doesn't like my dress? Or my makeup? Or my hair? What if he thinks i look weird?"

It's their wedding day today. Hermione's sitting on a chair in front of a vanity, and i just got done doing her hair and makeup. Understandably, she's quite nervous. I would be too on my wedding day. But i'm trying to assure her that everything will go according to plan, and that she has nothing to worry about.

I sigh, and place both of my hands on her shoulders. I smile at our reflection on the mirror, and whisper to Hermione, "You're stressing too much. Besides, i know Ronald well enough to know that he's completely in love with you."

"Okay.." She inhales sharply, trying to calm herself. "Deep breaths," I instruct, as Hermione takes in a deep breath, and exhale."Okay. I can do this," She tells herself, as i back her up, "You can do this."

"Are you ready?" I ask, as she looks up at me and nods, "I am." I smile at her, give her a pat on the shoulder, and ask, "Okay so the flower girls are Dean and Seamus right?" Hermione laughs, and lightly slap my hand, "Y/n! Quit joking." I laugh along, and shrug, "Just trying to diffuse the tension."

"Okay.. I'm going to walk down the aisle first, and then you go with your dad," I instruct Hermione, as she nods in response, "Got it." I hug her as she stands up, and say, "You look absolutely beautiful, Hermione."

As i reach the door, getting ready to walk to the altar, Hermione calls out to me, making me turn back, "Y/n?" I furrow my eyebrows as i respond, "Yeah?" Hermione walks over to me, and gives me another hug, "Thank you," Shw says, "You're the best friend i have ever had." I chuckle as we break the hug, "Oh don't get me all emotional. Off i go now."

As i walk down the aisle alone in my red dress. That's the color scheme Hermione picked out. I can see Ron and Harry standing side by side at the altar, whispering things to each other. Just like Hermione, Ron seems nervous, and Harry's trying to calm him down. I smile watching at their antics, and how good Harry looks in a tuxedo.

I also spot familiar faces in the crowd. Like Draco and Astoria, Blaise, Theo and Luna, even my parents. My father looks at me proudly, even though it isn't my wedding, and my mother seems giddy as ever. She's documenting every moment. She has her camera out, recording me walk, and i can't help but laugh.

I reach the altar, and stand at the opposite side of Ron and Harry. Harry looks at me and smiles. As i shrug, and return the warm gesture. Hermione soon comes out, her arm linked with her father's, looking beautiful as ever. Ron's even looking at her with heart eyes.