real family

It's crazy what you do for a friend

Go ahead and cry, little girl.
Nobody does it like you do.
I know how much it matters to you.
I know that you got daddy issues.

Daddy issues, by
The neighbourhood

Y / n  m a l f o y

"You know Y/n, from the second you got sorted into Gryffindor, i knew that you would be a blood traitor."

My father starts, as we're eating at the dining table. I chew on my food slowly, clearly annoyed.

I look over at Draco, who's sitting beside me. He only shakes his head.

"I didn't tell him anything," He says to me via telepathy.

I shrug and huff loudly, slumping down into the chair.

"I don't know what you're talking about, father."

I don't care if i sound bitter or impolite, i'm so sick of this man.

You know, last christmas, my friends asked me what i want. I shrugged it off, saying i don't know, and that they shouldn't bother buying me gifts.

And i really didn't know what i wanted.

But now, i do.

I want a better father.

"Bravo, Y/n Malfoy, bravo. Lying to your own father. Did one of those pathetic Weasleys teach you to do that?" He scoffs, scowling at me.

And i scowl back. Not saying anything, but my face describes my hatred towards him perfectly, i don't even need to say anything.

"I know you've been sending letters to them. I saw your little goodbye chit chat with them at king's cross. Don't think i didn't see you whispering and giggling with Potter as well, and even mudblood Granger."

Mudblood, he says?

I hate that word.

"Don't call her that, father," I stand up for Hermione, even if she's not here, i don't want to be all silent when she gets disrespected. By whoever it is.

"Why would i not? That's all there is to her. She's a filthy little mudblood," He says, loud and clear. Filling up the dining area with his voice, and that cruel word.

"She's a bright and talented young witch. I bet she's smarter than you were at her age. Or better, she's smarter than you are now." I say very proudly, as a smirk creeps up on my lips.

Oh father, two can play the game.

"You little–" He exclaims, standing up from his chair and raising his hand at me.

I don't care if he hits me, it wouldn't make any difference anyway. I know he hates me, it's nothing new.

"Lucius!" My mother stands up, grabbing father's hand to stop him from hitting me. I flash a grateful smile at her as she sits back down, and father does the same as i give him a side-eye.