'ˎ˗ Doubts

✿

"And you've never heard her say 'My father will hear about this', have you?"

harry potter.

"Do you really think we can trust her, Harry?" Hermione questions, referring to none other than Y/n Malfoy.

"She is a Malfoy after all, mate. You know how those people are," Ron chimes in, voicing his skepticism as well.

"I know, but.. Something just.. Feels different. I don't think she's like them," I shrug, i can't help but smile when i think about her.

She's a really pretty girl, unlike her brother, she never bullies people, or say mean things. She's sort of.. Isolated herself. I've caught her talking to her brother a couple of times, but they don't really show affection in public often

"I mean, it is kind of odd how a Malfoy is in Gryffindor," Hermione mumbles as she looks down, but loud enough for us to hear.

"Right? She also went out of her way to write to us?" I say to my friends, Hermione nods, Ron, however, was reluctant.

"I don't know, she could be just spying for her family. They absolutely despise us, those Malfoys," Ron grimly says, If i didn't know better, i would think he has a good point. But, i still believe that Y/n Malfoy is a good person.

"I doubt it, you both saw how her father treated her. She's always ignored and neglected. Lucius Malfoy only boasts about his son, and i think that's quite obvious," I try to reason, recalling the events that happened in Diagon Alley before second year started.

The way Lucius Malfoy looked at his own daughter, his own blood, was not in a loving way. Something isn't right.

"And you've never heard her say 'My father will hear about this', have you?" I continue, trying to prove my point.

"I did hear Mr Malfoy say... that Y/n is far different from her twin brother, who, in his words, was the child he always wanted. And he also said that a Gryffindor was no child of his. So i don't think she's some sort of spy," Hermione explains, contrary to what Ron thinks.

Y/n doesn't deserve this, is she even loved in that family? No child deserve to go through this. I wonder if her brother stands up for her, or does he only enjoy the glory that their father has given him?

"I'm still not quite sure.." Ron shakes his head, looking at Hermione and i with skepticism.

"How about this, we ask her to meet us in the common room tonight. We can talk to her."