Vol. 2.24 | The Dance

y/n malfoy

y/n malfoy

We didn't sleep over at the burrow yesterday. After catching up, drinking, and talking until it was late, Harry and i went home. I felt really tired, and plopped down on the bed almost immediately after we arrived, and ended up sleeping through the whole day.

So now here i am, brushing my teeth, getting ready to go downstairs. I walk down the stair steps, and enter the living room. There i find Harry, writing on a book while smoking. I lift an eyebrow at the sight, as i lean back against a wall. "Good mooorning," I greet, making Harry look up at me.

He chuckles, and shakes his head, before saying, "Hello, love. It's 8pm.. So i don't know if you'd consider that as 'morning'" I laugh along with him, making my way to sit beside Harry, "Allow it," I chuckle, and then ask, "What are you doing?"

"Oh.." Harry smiles, showing the papers, "I'm filling out auror applications." I feel my eyebrows furrowing, and i ask again, "Auror applications?" Harry nods eagerly,
"Well, yeah! It's always been what i want to do. And it suits me, right?"

"Yeah," I force a smile, "Of course!" I don't know if i'm a big fan of Harry becoming an auror. I mean, it is a very dangerous occupation and it'll make him so far away from home. Harry seems to notice my expression. He leans closer towards my face, and says, "You don't look happy."

"No! No," I shake my head, trying to put on a convincing smile, "I am happy. You're right. It's something that you've wanted to do for so long." Harry still doesn't seem to buy it. He places a lock of my hair behind my ear and asks,       "Y/n?, what's wrong?"

"I'm just worried.." I sigh, telling him,
"I mean, being an auror is dangerous." Harry laughs in response, "Are you joking? I killed Voldemort and escaped death like 20 times. I'm good!"

"Harry.."

"I'll be fine. You know i'm tough," He reassures.

"I do.. But—"

"It's gonna be fine!" Harry interrupts me, still laughing, "Plus, we need money to raise the little Potters. And before you say it, i know you're rich, but i want to work for my children. So let me." I sigh, giving in. So i nod, and just agree, "Alright. I can't hold you back if it's truly what you want."

"I love you," Harry smiles wide, slinging an arm around me, "Love you too." He then asks,  "What about you? Do you want to work? If you don't, that's completely fine." I look up at him, and say, "I wanna be a DADA teacher."

"Really?" He lifts both of his eyebrows, looking pleasantly surprised. "Mhm," I hum in response, nodding. And then he asks, "Since when?"
"Since Remus. I want to be his kind of teacher, you know? Poor kids, changing teachers every year, and they're not even good."

"Well— Brilliant!" He squeals excitedly "I'm sure Professor Mcgonagall would love to have you! Considering you have experience with the dark arts, and you were her favourite student and all."

"But.." I start, frowning. Harry asks with furrowed eyebrows, "But what?" I take a deep breath, and ask, "Would they accept an ex death eater as a teacher?" Harry laughs, shaking his head, "Y/n. I've said this multiple times. You are my Y/n, and you never had and never will have the traits of a death eater. Ever." He continues, "You were forced to be one, and i can totally understand your situation."

"I don't deserve you," I mutter, as Harry laughs and says, "Everyday i ask myself how the fuck did i manage to get you."

"I love you."

"I love you more."

"Smile for me, please?" Harry pouts, and i put on a wide smile. He laughs, resting his hands on either sides of my face, "There you go." As i look over to the table, finding Harry's cigarette, i ask, "Oh and also.. Since when do you smoke?"

"Since you 'died'," He replies, "You told me that you smoked with Nott and it relaxed you. But i don't need it anymore now that you're here." I only smile at him, before looking around the room. An idea randomly pops in. "I wanna dance," I tell Harry, and he furrows his eyebrows, "Dance?"

"Mhm." I hum in response, taking his hand and pulling him up. We walk towards the middle of the room together, and Harry places one of his hands on my waist, and i place my hand on his shoulder, as our free hands interlock. He plays a song— More of a classical one than modern, and we start swaying to the music.

(Play the song above. Peggy and Steve's song lol😜)

"Do you like this song?" He asks, and i nod, "Mhm." He then tells me, still with a sweet smile, "I'm excited to be an auror." I return the smile, and reply, "I'm excited to be a teacher."

He chuckles as he says, "But i'm more excited to be a dad." Harry sighs, and continues, "Since.. I never really had a dad." And i add, "And since my dad was an ass hat most of the time." Harry smiles, "I promise i'll be the best dad to our kiddos. And i know you're going to be the best mumsy."

"I'm glad you believe in me," I return his smile, and he nods, "I always do. And i know our kids are going to love you." And i reply, imagining how our kids would be like, "They're going to adore you so much. You're literally a legend— At school they're gonna boast like– "Hey! My dad is Harry Potter!"

"And they'll boast like.. "Hey, Lucius Malfoy is my grandfather!" Harry exclaims, and we both laugh at Harry's obvious joke, and i continue, "I think they'll be proud to have Draco Malfoy— The almighty Slytherin Ferret— I mean, Prince, as their uncle."

"I think so too," He nods, chuckling,
"But hey.. The most important thing is you'll be there at Hogwarts with them." I shrug, "They really can't do anything with their mother eyeing them like a hawk."

"Well, let them live a little though. Just like us in our school years," Harry says, as he spins me around. I squeal in response, fangirling over the idea of being a mother, "I'm going to tell the boys to take their girlfriends to the lakeside for a picnic, and i'll help decorate."

Harry chuckles, "That's cute." He furrows his eyebrows when he seems to have thought of something. Harry then suggests, "Hey.. Speaking of Hogwarts dates, do you want to stargaze? Like we used to?"

I feel my stomach swarming with butterflies, as my cheeks turn rosy. I playfully hit his shoulder, "You're too sweet." Harry doesn't stop the music as we walk towards the window, seeing the stars sparkling in the dark blue sky. "This is so beautiful."

"Well—" Harry starts, "Nothing compares to the astronomy tower, but this is good too."
"No.. This is perfect."

"Look! a shooting star," Harry points out, as we both look at the beautiful night sky. "It's pretty, isn't it?" I mumble,  smiling at Harry. "Just like you," He smiles back. "Make a wish.." He whispers to me before kissing my cheek. I close my eyes, before saying, "I wish we could have a happy family with adorable kids."

And then i turn to ask him, "What about you?" He furrows his eyebrows as he asks back, "What about me?" I chuckle, "Now you make a wish." Harry then closes his eyes, and mutters, "I wish to be with my Y/n forever and ever."

"Harry?" I call out to him, and he replies, "Yes?" I tell him, chuckling to myself, "I'm really in love with you." Harry then laughs, "Glad we have something in common."

"Hey!"

"Just kidding. I love you too, Y/n. More than anything."

"That's more like it."