Eleven

Gita got a bit scared seeing him angry and not trying to mask his anger, like he does most of time.

"I just asked you a question, Anand."

"Think whatever you want to. We are leaving now." He snapped his fingers and the lights of the room dimmed as he started to walk out. Gita walked very quietly behind Anand. There was pin drop silence in the lift.

Ami and Isha saw them walking towards their table. They didn't think these two would join them so soon.

"Wow

"Wow. You guys are back already!" Isha said. 

"Didn't you all do something some more? Hmmm" Ami whispered to Gita in a teasing mood. The air around these two were tense. Gita didn't respond to Ami's notorious question.

They both sat in a daze, not reacting to Ami and Isha's random talk. Anand and Gita couldn't believe that they fought on this important day. Both of them hated conflicts. Gita would always avoid arguing, let alone fighting with people. She would keep quiet or walk away when she felt that things are about to turn sour. Anand, on the other hand, was always the boss or in an authorative position, so he either has to negotiate his ways or people had to follow orders, but arguments and fights? Never! But out of all days, they had to fight on their engagement.

"I am leaving, Isha, drop Ami and her first and then come home." He got up to leave. "I will call you tomorrow", he said to Gita. She wanted to retort saying there is no need to call but didn't want to create a scene infront of Isha and Ami.

Anand left and Isha and Ami were excited to hear what happened between them. But Gita avoided the topic saying she is hungry.

At midnight, when Ami and Gita reached their room and were alone, Ami showed Gita all the pictures on her phone.

"You look so beautiful in these pics, sister." Ami said with a wide smile still scrolling through images and boomerangs.

At her compliment, Gita thought of how Anand said these exact words and in that moment, how she had felt so nice and joyous but all of it came crumbling down just few minutes later. Ami had indeed clicked good pictures and silly boomerangs. Ami stopped at a picture of Gita wearing a ring on Anand's hand.
"Look, this is so cute." While Gita was sliding the ring on Anand's finger, Anand was just looking at her instead of the ring. "Aww, he has eyes only for you." Gita looked at the picture and indeed it was cute. Someone would think of them as the lovey-dovey couple.

"Till few days ago, you were not his fan and now, you think this all is cute?" Asked Gita.

"Yeah. I know that but today after looking at you two and knowing he is a decent guy, my thoughts have changed a bit. Plus, he has a nice family, no?" Said Ami.

"Listen Ami, it is getting late, we need to go to work tomorrow. Let's sleep." Gita said and shut the lights of the room.

On her side of the bed, Gita turned on one side and closed her eyes. Her tears of pain and hurt started to flow and like a stream, they didn't stop. Gita tried to reason out herself to stop crying, she is a woman now, she can't be so sensitive and cry just because he talked to her sternly. She cannot be so sensitive, she repeated in her head. Her whole life, she was called a fool for being the goody two shoes, not understanding the clever and cunning ways of this world but Gita had no problems about what she was called. Even if she was a foolish  and naive, she was content with her life and that was what Gita wanted. She was always empathetic towards others and a sensitive soul and today, she was crying telling herself not to be her own self.

Gita had never thought of her own marriage or had dreams of it even when she was a teenager. She always concentrated on her own  self. There was a popular motto when she was in school - eat, sleep, repeat and Gita's life was exactly that with a passion for education and teaching. And when the age came, where she was starting to give crushes, relations and marriage a thought, everyone had started to think about Anand for her. And honestly, she too had a crush on Anand, so the talks only made her feelings for him enormous. Not that in her dream land, she thought of Anand as a gentle or a romantic guy but in those dreamy thoughts, he had never hurt her with words. And overtime, the crush was buried deeper and never resurfaced 

But today, on their engagement day, he made her cry. Atleast, today should have ended on a happier note. She had seen many couples arguing and fighting all the time but atleast on important events, they didn't fight. And her situation was exactly opposite! She slept with these thoughts in her mind, puffy eyes and red face.

_____________

Surprise! I updated soon😂😂

Please VOTE☆ and comment.

January is already over! Can you believe it???