Fourteen

PLZ VOTE!

____________

They got out of the restaurant, being happy that they did sort out things. Gita thought 'Sebastian' is really like for them, may be. The first date was here and now, they were able to overcome their cold war.

"Anand, please don't come to my workplace. Whatever it is between us, we will sort outside."

"Would you have agreed if I asked you to meet outside?" Anand asked.

Gita kept quiet knowing Anand had a point. As they were about to reach their car, a young couple were fighting loudly in the parking lot. Gita was a bit startled. This couple fighting 'tamasha' was not uncommon in her locality but she was a bit surprised that they were fighting so loudly in the parking lot.

Anand didn't pay them any heed and asked Gita to sit in the car.

"Why do you look like you never saw a couple fight? Did you forget few hours ago?" And here he was back again with his tinge of sarcasm.

"Ofcourse, I have seen couples fight but the way they were dressed, the place they were in just doesn't add up. I expect more manners." Gita added.

Anand widened his eyes in surprise. "Gitanjali, one day we will go on a date to this place called real world." Like Anand always believed, Gita proved him right. She was and is still naive.
"Their dress, the places they visit, the habits they have has nothing to do with their manners. These things doesn't define anything and you should stop expecting better from people." Anand continued. Gita huffed agreeing to what he said.

Once they sat in the car, Gita said, "If you ever fight with me in the middle of the road, like this, I will abandon you there."

Anand looked amused at her boldness and said, "but if you ever stop talking to me and don't tell me what the problem is, I will make you talk."

"Hmm. Let's see." Gita challenged.

Gita was dropped at her home by Anand. Her mother curious as to why she came early today.

"You didn't tell us of the half day." Her Maa inquired.

"It wasn't a half day." Gita was about to end the sentence there but she felt there is no point in hiding. She should tell her the truth. So she just said that Anand had taken her out and dropped her off.

"Wow. Good good, the new couple should go out and get to know each other." Her mother said and got back to  work.

Her afternoon went with her eyes locked with the laptop and working non stop. Now, there was some peace in her life with the cold war being sorted. Her entire focus was on her work and this felt pleasant.

Her phone rang and it was Isha. Strange. She never calls without messaging first. The moment she picked up the call, she heard the cheerful voice of her to-be sister-in-law.

"Gitaaa. How are you?"

"I am good Isha...what about you?" Gita was still unsure about why she was sounding this way.

"Are you drunk Isha?" Gita realized the possibility.

"Hahahahaa....yes Gita. Now listen." Isha laughed like a maniac. And Gita just looked at the watch, it was just evening and this girl is drunk!

"You tell me where are you?" Gita asked authoritatively.

"Shhh....listen, I want to tell you something." Isha shushed her. "But promise me, you are not going to tell this to Bhai."

Gita was confused. What is it that she is telling me but not to Anand.

"Isha, okay I will not tell Anand." Gita said to calm her down.

"You promise?" Isha asked.

"Okay promise." Gita said, not knowing the storm coming with this promise.

_________________

Guys, very sorry to update so late. I was just not in the state. I have been better, but sometimes waves of panic come. I am trying to fight it off. Thank you for being patient. 🙏🏽I hate this constant of panic that I am in.

Have a good day !

Suggest some good books to read. Inspirational would help, not necessary a self help book but some inspiring fictional.