Twenty Eight

Dressed in the gorgeous silk green saree and carrying the symbols of a newly wed - her forehead marked with red kunku and bindi, hands clinking to the sound of green bangles, she looked like a divine newly wed bride.

The pooja for the newly weds had just got done at Anand's family house. His aunts and cousins had all gathered around Gita and were having the Prasad. Isha complimented her multiple times on how gorgeous she looked and even the others couldn't stop talking.
Gita was all smiles and was happy with the compliments but her body was tired and she felt drowsy.

Anand who was used to unusual sleep schedule had no problem getting up early the next day after the wedding shenanigans but Gita struggled to get up early in the morning. She again cursed Anand, irritated at the fact that she had to get ready, wear saree, check the pleats and there was noone to help the new bride with it. Though his family home was half and hour away, she had to get up extra early to get ready and then travel there on time for the pooja.

When she woke up, she saw Anand was already awake and done with the gym. The good thing was both of them hated to talk much in the morning. So, instead of long good morning greetings, they just nodded their head at each other. After Gita was done with her morning routine, Anand informed her that they will be leaving for his family home in 45 minutes and he doesn't want her to be even one minute late. She wanted to retort but didn't find much energy to say something in the morning. She just nodded and went to bath.

Meanwhile, Anand started working on his laptop. His conference was coming in almost a month's time and the reports he had asked were not on his table. He was angry. If his employees thought that wedding would distract him from important reports, they were wrong! Yesterday was great, but today it was time for Anand to focus on his work. This conference was very important to him. It's success would mean more money, fame and most importantly power.

Gita was lost in the closet. She discovered that he not only had those many pair of shoes but also clothing items. His clothes outnumbered hers. The shirts arranged colour wise. The T shirts folded neatly. His socks looked more expensive than her thrift store jeans. He was a shopaholic!

The two things she loved the most were his collection of perfumes and watches. They were exquisite. Gita always loved perfumes. It was weird obsession with the fragrance as well the shapes of the bottle. Her second weakness were watches. She could look at these two things of his collection all day long. Gita was struggling to straighten the pleats when Anand called for her. "Gitanajali, you have 15 minutes more. I want to get my Kurta from there. Open up."

Gita wanted to say that if she is taking time to get ready, it is all because of him. If they had stayed at his home, there would be too many people to help her with getting ready but now, she is struggling alone.

Anand came into the closet and his jaw dropped seeing her in the green saree. His eyes moved from top to bottom. Her wet hair dripping some droplets to the carpeted floor. She was yet to wear her jewelry, she only had her bindi and kunku and yet she looked so pretty. He got out from his trance and picked up the ironed kurta to wear.

After he had worn his clothes, he could still see her seeing the mirror and constantly turning infront of it. Sure, there was something she was struggling with, so he chose to ask her.

"What's wrong?"

Gita looked at him and wondered if he would even help her. But she chose to say her problem, "The pleats of the saree have creases and are folded, I am not able to straighten it. Plus, I need help with this safety pin also."

"I can help you with it." Anand suggested. Gita was unsure if he will really help her out. "What do I have have do?" Anand asked.

"Are you sure?" Gita asked. This was the first time he has offered help. Usually, Anand would mind his own business and keep away from others.