Eighteen

Isha was right. The weekend went by and nobody asked her anything about Isha. But then again, why would they? They don't know she has information on Isha's whereabouts. Actually, she thinks the family won't even know Isha is out of town. They are very caring people but the family doesn't keep tabs on each other at all. 

Gita thought more for a while. If it was Gita's mom, she would have called her after every 5 hours and definitely know her location. Gita never felt it irritating. She always had this irrational fear that if she was in some sort of accident and never returned, her mother would know where to look for. Gita is always surrounded with stupid thoughts and fears, or atleast that's what others said. 
But to all the things they say about her and even if it might be slightly true, she has one reply, "chalta hai." (Works)
A colloquial slang/phrase whenever things don't necessary work for you,  circumstances are tough and you are helpless. Gita just shrugs, swallows the anger and says "chalta hai."

She was in touch with Isha through messages. She wished she was in some similar place. Isha shared snaps of the beautiful location with her and although the location is just on the outskirts of the city, Gita wished she was there. Isha also sent her a sweet selfie with Rohan. The image was a bit blurred, the background of trees and the subjects smiling wide. She looked at the picture a bit and realized she and Anand didn't have one selfie together. The only pictures they had were from the engagement. She quickly switched on her laptop and again looked at her and Anand's picture. It's been a while since she didn't see Anand. Another thing that she realized was telling Anand things were useless. They had decided to work more on the communication part after the cold war and Anand had told her he would message more than just formal texts but after a week, it was the same old story.

It takes time for someone to change, even though behavior is acknowledged, changing is the hard part. After three days of Anand not messaging her on time, she finally decided to ask 'where have you been?' To which Anand replied, "London." Gita was not used to people in her family being out of the country and that too this often. Her aunts and mother talked two days prior before going to some other city or state and here, her fiance had flown to another county, a continent even and he didn't tell her.

"Ohh. When did you go?" She messaged him. Communication was clearly not a strong part of the family she was being married into. Strange, they were public figures, Anand and his grandfather, they should know the importance of communicating the message on time. But, it seems her to-be husband was just good with business and not people. Ugh ! He was good with only business colleagues. Before when they had met on few occasions, she understood that Anand was not a people person and hate talking, especially small talks but it changed during their engagement, she saw him making being the responsible host to the business people. And that's when she concluded he is very selective. She kept the phone on her bed and left to help her dad with his medicines.

After the engagement, her dad's condition had deteriorated. He was hardly able to walk a distance, his breathing became slow and was put on loads of medicines. There were more medicines than the food he consumed. She made sure he took all his medicines and was comfortable. Although, Gitanjali was more closer to her mother as it was her mother who was present more during her childhood. Her father was always away out of the city for work and a very formal in his approach to Gita. Gita always thought she had a weird combination of a father. Some fathers were extremely strict while some are chill and more pampering, Gita's father was a weird balance. By nature, he was not someone who yells or fights and this quality Gita had imbibed. But he was also not an affectionate father. Even though, he always felt blessed to have Gita as his daughter, he rarely hugged her or told her about his emotions. If he was really upset with something Gita did, he would just say it in one line. During school days, Gita was sure her father had no idea which class she studies in or even the food items she liked. He was absent or far away but all he did was work hard to give Gita the comfort.