Thirty Three

Please VOTE AND COMMENT
______________________

The days seemed to pass quickly and Anand was about to leave for his international conference. On many instances, he tried to persuade Gita into coming with him for the trip. He even bribed her with beautiful European Locations but Anand had no idea about how stubborn Gita could be. He never thought it would be one of her traits but once she had decided something, it would take a lot to change it. Gita always told him, "I know you are trying to merge honeymoon and business trip. But I am not going to allow it." Some people are plain stupid and Gita was one of them, thought Anand, face palming himself. His wife can't understand that he would not be able to function without her and be at peace. She is busy trying to prove him a miser for merging conference with honeymoon.

The house staff was used to packing for Anand's  business trips. Anand was very specific with the outfits and shoes he was going to pack with him. Gita felt out of place when she had no clue on how to pack and mostly what to pack for these trips but it was fun to learn! The staff made her comfortable and told her a list of things he takes with him and the arrangement. After looking at the things they packed, Gita was shocked!

"Anand, you are not moving to a new country! Remove some useless things from there." Gita told him. The amount of things he packed was ridiculous!! Anand was busy working on his laptop and ignored her. He looked at her but didn't acknowledge anything she said. It looked like Gita was talking to a wall an she finally gave up.

Gita's phone rang and it was Isha! What part of "I can't pick up the call as Anand is leaving today and I am busy with it." She doesn't understand? Her mother and Isha both were calling her since morning and despite leaving them a message, they still tried calling her.
Gita picked it up. "Isha, I am busy."

"I know, I know but I wanted to call you and ask I can come over and we can have a sleep over?" Isha asked.

"Yes, Isha. This is your home. You can come anytime. Now, I have to go. Bye." Hush! Such a small thing and she is asking her.

Anand looked at her with a questioning gaze, she told him how Isha is coming over and huffed at how small things Isha is asking her. Anand stopped his actions, "It's good that she is asking you. I would not like her coming over unannounced." Anand said.

Oh! So Isha knew her brother very well and knew that her coming over randomly wouldn't be appreciated by him and that's why she asked Gita's permission.

Since Isha grew up to be a teenager, Anand had never allowed her to enter his room without knocking. He got very particular with his things and disciplined in his ways. Even when he bought this penthouse, he made it clear to Isha that she will have to inform him and not just barge in here.

It was not the right time for Gita to argue with Anand over this. She didn't  want to bid him goodbye with an argument. Anand was all ready in his expensive suit that hugged his body and  outlined his toned muscles and broad shoulders. It was just the perfect fit. His staff had taken his bags and kept in the car. Gita was not someone who would cry when others are leaving but since after their marriage, Anand was leaving for the first time, she felt a tad bit emotional. She wondered why is she feeling this? Even as a kid ,when her favourite relatives or cousins left her place, she never felt like crying like others. The airport good byes never made her cry but Anand leaving hurt a bit.

Anand on the other hand had never had a problem leaving his "home" for his business trips. It was a just a place he slept but today, it felt heavy to leave this place and her. He realised the true definition of home when he didn't want to go or atleast take her with him.

May be this was the magic of marriage and the relation of husband wife. They felt emotions they had not felt before or for any other person. Gita hugged him tightly but was about to leave him thinking of the creases on his shirt that he would hate. But Anand held her and murmured, "It's fine."

"And one more thing, please don't cook." Anand requested Gita while she just made a punching action.

Last Sunday was a day of revelation. Gita was a horrible cook and Anand being him made no efforts to sugarcoat it. Gita thought of cooking "poha" for him in the morning which he found delicious and requested if she could cook lunch for them. Gita knew her cooking skills were limited to breakfast and simple aloo and chapati. But why not give it an attempt? Gita watched YouTube and decided to make a full course meal. Anand calls it "getting ahead of herself." Gita made a mess in the entire kitchen and things didn't look good at all! Anand came to the rescue. Gita was surprised when he fixed her "dishes" and made it edible, tasty even!

Anand laughed at Gita and teased her for her cooking skills. Gita was shocked at how this rich brat knows to cook so well.

"Gitanajali, it's a life saving skill! I have stayed alone while in college. I had to learn this." Anand said and continued, "and if you didn't know to cook, you could have told me. I thought since you made poha, you were good at other things."

Gita had far less experience with cooking except the basic dishes which she learnt only because it was her favourites. She looked at the mess she made in the kitchen. She knew Anand would grow irritated looking at the unclean kitchen so first she cleaned the mess and then took a bite of the food he made after she messed up.

She was surprised at how good it was! Anand looked smug knowing she loved it. This guy had so many talents,no wonder he is always so confident about his work.

Anand pecked on her forehead and held her hands. He gazed at her face, not wanting to leave his innocent wife here. Gita felt saddened seeing him.  For the first time, she could read his emotions and see the hesitation he has.

"All the best Anand. I know you will do well. But don't forget about me." She said the last part while laughing. Her husband was a workaholic and knew that once he gets into the business zone, he can easily forget about her. "You have a wife here who will wait for your call."

Anand chuckled, "Don't blame me if I forget you. I was asking you to tag along but since you don't want to. I am better with my work. Bye Gitanajali. Take good care of yourself."

He finally let go of her hand.

--------------------

Hey guys!

Sorry for the late update.