Fifty

The next few days went in silence for Gitanjali as she tried to understand the situation. Anand seemed to quickly detach himself from the night. He is back to being the workaholic cold guy he is.

Gita tried to contemplate a lot of things : Anand hating things so much that he burnt an entire warehouse, the marriage of her in laws that were without love, her disrespecting Nandini, Daddu being the manipulative person.

Did Papa find the woman he had feelings for? She wondered.

Anand just told that her father in law had feelings for someone and Nandini asked him to go meet her but did they actually meet?

How was Anand okay with his mother's remarriage? She always thought he hated her for eloping and remarrying but not once has he ever told her that he has an issue with his mother marrying again.

She was afraid to ask Anand these stupid questions. As it is, he seemed busy with Espognia and Khanna deal. Why he needs more money and power is something she could never understand. He already has enough.

But Anand told her if he doesn't work hard, these things will go. He has earned it but now he has to work to maintain it.

Gita just shrugged thinking to each their own since her ambitions were quite different to Anand.

It was evening when Gita was all dressed in a beautiful silk saree, a simple gold necklace and golden studs. The red vermillion brightened her look and for a change, she wore her long mangalsutra that ended on her chest instead of the short one. She was seeing herself in the mirror to check if there were any creases on the saree, when the  bedroom door barged open.

She looked back to see it was Anand. Ofcourse! Who else can enter the room with this boss like attitude without bothering to knock?

The moment Anand entered the room, he picked the AC remote and dropped the temperature of the room sending chills to Gita's body with a sudden drop of temperature.

He did a double take at his gorgeous wife dressed in the traditional wear. Usually, his Gitanjali wears simple kurtas with subtle colours, mostly pastels and at home, she prefers her comfortable long cotton pants and Tshirts.

The silk saree really made her look like an enchantress. He couldn't resist himself and before he knew it, he was standing behind her.

Unknowing to him, his hands travelled towards her bare waist and he pulled her closer to him. She could inhale his expensive cologne, the fragrance of which she loved and could recognise anywhere that it is him around.

Anand put his head at the crook of her neck. Her hair on the one side of her shoulder gave him full access to her neck. Gita smiled at his romantic 'andaz'. In the mirror, they looked like a perfect adorable couple.

His hands caressed her navel and around her belly button.
"Hmm. Why don't you wear saree more often?" He asked.

Gita laughed and said, "Eww. Pervert." He was saying this so he could have easy access to her bare navel.

"What? I am saying this to my wife. Not to some random woman." Anand said this while kissing her neck and continuing with his hands on her navel.

A gasp escaped her mouth when he bit her on the neck. It wasn't hurtful but suprising because in a year of their marriage, they both were not into the biting business.

"Anand!" She whispered yelled.

"Anand, don't bite. What if it leave marks? Anyway, I am getting late." She tried to get out of his hold but it was too tight to even move an inch.

"Where are you going, wifey?" He was in a naughty mood and bit her again on the neck.

"Yes, you never concentrate on what I say. I am going with Isha to her friend's engagement." She took the chance to taunt him and tried to push him away.

"And what if I don't want you to go?" His hands went further up from her navel to her breasts. "What if I say I want to ravish you?" His skilled hands held her clothed breasts and squeezed them.

Gita managed to get out of his hold after many tries. "I am getting late. Also, if you mess my saree, you will see what I do to you" she pointed a finger at him, threatening him which for him was completely harmless, infact cute too.

"Oh yes! Gitanjali is always on time." He said mocking her for never being punctual. "You have always been late. It won't matter if you go late here as well." He started loosening his tie.

"And take the risk of being eaten alive by your sister? No thanks!" Like Anand, even Isha was punctual about time. Gitanjali was the only person who gets free pass for being 10 minutes late.

**

Isha's close friends have always been welcoming towards Gita. And since Anand would never grace some important family and friends functions, Gita was the one who went on their behalf. She believed it was rude to not go when invited to close people's function.

Gita enjoyed the wedding menu and tried almost everything available in the menu. When it was the time to leave, she noticed Isha was nowhere to be found. She knew Isha went to attend a call after dinner but now it was half and hour and Isha was still not here.

She asked Isha's friends who told her she must be in the lawn at the backside. Thankfully, she saw Isha at a distance in the backside lawn.

Isha's back was facing Gitanjali and she went closer, Isha's voice become louder.

"Okay, Okay. Is this the last thing you want to tell me?" Isha sounded furious but desperate.

Gita felt guilty of listening to the conversation but she knew not to interrupt Isha.

"Now you don't even want to talk to me??...

What?

Hello?"

"Bloody Hell, he cut the call."

Isha turned around to see Gita standing infront of her.

Gita could read the helplessness and unshed tears in her eyes.

"He broke up with me. Rohan broke up with me." Isha's voice broke and she hugged Gita tightly.

***
Hey guys!

It's my birthday today 🥳 and as a return gift, i wanted to update :)
Please keep me in your prayers and bless me with good health, peace and courage !

Thank you for reading the book :)
Grateful for all those who encourage me with your votes and comments.

Please Vote and Comment :)