Fifty Five

Longest chapter ahead. Please VOTE!!
__________________________

"And you were going to tell me this when you were delivering?" She ignored his sarcasm as she continued to wipe her mouth with the tissue. She was sure she didn't drink a sip of alcohol but she wanted to get the smell off her head.

"Come with me." He forwarded his hand to her. She looked at his hand, wondering what more he planned next to put her through. "Gitanjali. Please." She reluctantly gave her hand to him. He supported her to stand and picked her up in his arms.

She was surprised by his action. Moments ago, he was furious and forcing her to drink and now, she is in his arms. He gently laid her on the bed in their room and brought her a dish of pasta and a bowl of fruits.

"I don't want to eat." She was still horrified by what had happened and seeing food offered by him made her remember the traumatic moments.

"Eat. I don't want you weak."

As she ate and calmed down from what had happened few moments back. She realised one thing. To confirm her suspicion, she asked him.

"You knew about it?" She asked referring to her pregnancy. There was no way he would react like this if he didn't know before.

Either he would be extremely angry for keeping from him or very happy and emotional with the news. He would not have been this calm.

He was quiet and later answered, "I know what happens on all the floors of my office building and you think I wouldn't know what's going on in my own home, with my wife?" Answering her question, he took her finished plate to the kitchen.

She couldn't believe this! She followed him to the kitchen. "You knew! And you forced me to drink alcohol? All this so that I could reveal it to you?" She was in disbelief over his act. All the time he was asking if she was missing any information, was him referring to her pregnancy news and not Isha and Rohan.

"Yes." He said and went to the bedroom again and she was on his tail.

"May be, you shouldn't walk so fast. Slow down." He said observing how fast she followed him. She was clumsy enough to fall and he feared that.

"I don't need your advice." She bluntly stated once she sat on the bed. She remembered something so she went to the cupboard, took something and walked to where he sat and stood infront of him.

"I want to throw this on your face but I would never disrespect the most amazing news of my life like this. It was not a secret that I kept from you. I wanted to surprise you! I wanted to surprise you, when you were not busy with engagement, the deal or your business. I wanted to share the happiness with my husband when he had less stress." She handed him the pregnancy test and a cute onesie she brought for the baby. She planned to give him these two things wrapped in a box and record his reaction.

He carefully hold it like it was the most precious thing in the world. In that moment, there was no hint of anger and fury on his face.

"The reasons you tell me are absolute bullshit! I will always have many things on my plate, does that mean you will keep such big news away from me? What if I told you about your own child 3 days later? I would be termed as cruel, then what about you?" Anand asked her with the anger back in his voice.

"May be it is. But my intentions were never to hurt you. The difference is, unlike you, I would have never schemed such a devious plot to get the truth out. I would trust you enough and simply ask. You were wrong, Anand." He is not the raging bull like before. Gita spoke her mind, upset with all the events that had happened.

"And, next time, don't pull my hair. I will make you bald."
She said and covered herself with a blanket. They both knew she was not going to sleep, it was just to avoid him. He thought a drink would do him good for now.