Fifty Two

After the call, Gita threw her phone on the bed and lied down. She closed her eyes and tried to breathe normally.

She wanted to tell someone all this. But who?

Ami was dealing with her own stress of job. Certainly, Gita can't tell this to her mom with whom she shares almost everything. Shaina? No, since she was Rohan's ex.

Anand was definitely the last person she wants to share this with.

But, she was sure she can't see Isha like this.

Either there has got to be some miscommunication between Isha and Rohan or Rohan just lost his head.

She remembers him with Shaina. They were just another teen couple in college. But definitely a lot of time had passed and Rohan was a changed person.

In college, from whatever Gita had seen, he used to be always chill with his long locks, doing Masti with his group, not serious about studies but heart only in fests.

Now, when she had met him with Isha, he was calmer, his long hair were shortened. He was also mature and soft spoken. The only quality he had was his chill vibe and the joking mannerisms.

Isha had denied her to talk to Rohan.

Who should she talk to?

She thought who was her good friend who she can share this with. She pouted thinking how less people she has in her close circle.

*

She was asleep when Anand entered their room at midnight. He shook his head seeing her sprawled on the bed and occupying the entire bed.

He freshened up and went close to where she slept. He wanted to push her to her side of the bed but he just kept watching her.

Their was a drool at the side of her lips and Anand wiped it off with his handkerchief. He chuckled realising what he did. He swore if it was someone else, he would have found the drool disgusting and would have never wiped it off. But this feeling is so stupid.  It makes you do stupid stuff which one would never do otherwise.

With the way she was sleeping on the bed, there was no way he could sleep. There was only space for him to sit.

He sat on the bed and gently took her head on his lap, just like she wanted.
He was doing what she wanted, just that she was asleep today.

He placed his forehead on hers and stayed like that for some time. Her eyes opened feeling breath on her face and found him close to her. She noticed she has her head on his lap and smiled.

"Sorry, I took the whole bed for myself. You could have woken me up. How long were you sitting?" Gita asked all at once.

"It's fine. Anyway, I cannot sleep. I will be back." He kissed her goodnight and went to watch match in the other room.

While he was engrossed in the match and chilling with a glass of rum, he noticed the sound of footsteps coming closer.

Gita sat down and laid her head in his lap. "I missed your presence." Even though she can't tell him the truth, she wanted him to be around to give her the sense that everything will be fine.

He kept his one hand on her forehead while he sipped on his drink held in his other hand.

He always wondered what was special about Gitanjali? How can he like her presence so much and craved for her in her absence? He had never had this attachment to his friends or any person  in the past. He loved his solitude. So, then why he never gets enough of her? Why is he not irritated with her presence like he is with other person?
May be because silence with her is also peaceful. He looked at her and found her already asleep.