Forty One

Target - 75 Votes.
____________________

Gita ran to her home, her Anand. He was the only one who could stop her from drowning in this mess. He was her solace.Her head ached from thinking about what happened today. Her hands shivered recollecting how she talked back to his mother. Gita was not used to talking back. Anand was surprised when she ran to his arms.

"I got a clingy wife. Can't even stay away from me for few hours now?" Anand asked teasingly. He stopped smiling when he noticed she didn't say a word and continued to hug him closely, as if someone would take her away from him.

He had come back two hours ago when he received a message from Isha about Gita waiting back for a private dinner. In the past two hours, he had prepared himself for her anger or her silent treatment. Knowing Gita, she would mostly give him some smart replies and a silent treatment but nothing that his 'sorry' can't change. Here, the reality is totally different! Rather than being angry or hurt, she ran to his arms.

"Hey! Look at me." He untangled himself from her and cupped her cheeks, trying to make her look up. When her gaze met his, her eyes looked upset.

"Want to talk about it or just gaze at the stars?" He pointed at their terrace. He knew how much she liked to hangout there. Once she discovered it at the night and since then, she always asks him if she can spend the night looking at a blanket full of stars but he always denies her saying it is too cold to spend the night there.

Gita controlled herself and shook her head mumbling she is fine. Anand didn't press on the issue, he had greater things to show to her, may be that could bring a smile to her face. Anand took a hold of her hands and took her to their private parking space. They stood infront of covered car. Anand asked her, "Are you ready?" with excitement clear in his voice. Without thinking, Gita nodded and what was infront of her made her eyes go wide!

She was staring at a brand new Ferrari ready to roar with wheels.

"I got the deal, baby! And since this was such a nice day with your award and my deal, I thought we both deserve this goodness." Anand said grinning. He never grins!

"So, you get some billion dollar deal and you already spent on this!" Gita shrieked. She was a calculated spender and wouldn't spend a dime more. Her mind had an MS-Excel. Anand, on the other hand, lives and loves lavish lifestyle.

"Babe, this is just the beginning. We got so much more to come." Saying this, Anand guided her towards the new sleek car which costs more than a kidney to Gitanjali. He showed her all the features like a child who got introduce to new toys. Gita who initially had fun hearing him suddenly felt jealous a bit, he had never talked about her with so much love! She thought of pulling his leg a bit.

"Give me the keys, I want to drive." Gitanajali said mid sentence while Anand was talking.

"No! What if my baby gets hurt." Anand was quick to answer.

"I won't get hurt! Give me the keys of your oh-so-wonderful car." Gita said and forwarded her hand asking him to give the keys.

"I was not talking about you. I was talking about my baby." Anand said and pointed towards the car. Gita had her mouth wide open at his...his audacity.

"So..you are saying I can't drive this....this metal piece?" Gita tried to control her laughter. He was definitely offended for calling his "baby" a metal piece.

Anand took a deep breath, "Listen Gitanajali, I know you don't understand designs but that doesn't mean you call my baby a metal piece. I don't like this." Anand folded his hands and turned his face away. Gita burst out laughing looking at his childish gesture.