Fifty One

Hi! It's a long long chapter. Please Vote and Comment :)

---

Gita came back home stressed due to Isha's matter. Her glowing face in the evening had lost its shine. She changed into her home dress quickly and asked the help to bring her tea.

She was tensed for Isha. Gita had insisted her to come to their home with her but Isha wanted to go back to her mansion and just be alone.

She picked her phone and called Isha to enquire about her.

Once.
Twice.
Thrice.

Isha didn't pick up her call three times but Gita was persistent. On the fourth attempt, Isha picked her call.

"Gita, please, I want to be alone." No hello or her chirpy voice, Isha was too low.

"Isha. I am very tensed for you. I know you want to be alone, but please answer my calls." Gita said like a responsible and typical sister-in-law.

For Gita, Isha was more than her sister in law. She was almost her sister, her good friend. She could never see her sad. Isha meant more to Gita than some of her own family members. Gita can never forget how Isha always made sure Gita was comfortable around other family members, when she was a newly married bride.

"Should I ...should I talk to Rohan once?" Gita asked hesitantly but she also wanted everything to be sorted.

"Hello Isha....should I talk to Rohan and see?" Gita asked again when she didn't hear any response from the other side.

Isha wanted to say yes but knew now is not the time. "No, don't talk to him. He doesn't seem in the mood to talk. I don't want to burden you with this anymore."

"Burden? Isha!" Gita sighed, "stop saying this matter will burden me. I will come to meet you after the school ends, don't say no."

Isha just hummed, having no strength to deny her. Gita kept the call feeling relieved after talking to Isha.

"Tea at night? What's wrong?" Anand's voice boomed in the room.

In panic of him hearing things, Gita's hold on the cup loosened and it slipped from her hands resulting into a mess which Anand hates.

"I am sorry. I will clean it." Gita was quick to say. Her heart still beating fast incase he heard the conversation.

"What was the reason to be so startled by my presence? When will you stop being clumsy?" Anand expressed his displeasure, a hint of anger on his face.

Gita's mind replayed her conversation with Isha. Except for the name Rohan, there was no way Anand would know anything. She didn't use the word 'breakup' or 'boyfriend' as far as she can recollect.

"Don't clean it. Ask the help to do it." Anand said. He knows how clumsy she is and didn't want the glass to pierce in her skin.

"I will do it. They must be already heading to sleep. Let's not disturb them." Gita said and cleaned it perfectly. She knew if the glass pierce her skin or is left on the floor, he will again say things to her, so she took her sweet time to do things.

"Now, tell me what happened?" It was not common for his wife to have tea at night, especially when she had come just after attending an occasion and stuffed her stomach with all delicacies.

"Nothing." Gita was still quiet.

"Oh! Is that so? Then why are you not eating my ears out on what all happened like you usually do?" It was her habit. Whenever, he came home after a long day, she would tell him all that happened in her day. She didn't mind if he listened or not, she would ramble nonstop and he would not react much leading her to think he never concentrates but Anand was always ears to whatever people are saying, he just chooses not to react.