Sixteen

The previous day was tedious for many reasons for Gitanjali but most of all, it was Isha's revelation that shook her. It is a wonderful feeling to be in love but it was a weird request from Isha to not tell Anand. Ofcourse, Gita understands the hesitation of confessing about your love life to your family but keeping things hidden from Anand isn't the solution either. She hopes Isha tells this to her family soon and with that thought, she entered the restro Isha was waiting for her at.

"What the fuck Gita, you are 15 minutes late!! I thought you ditched me."

"Sorry sorry. There was so much traffic and it is just 15 minutes but where is your 'love'? asked Gita after not seeing a guy anywhere around.

"I called him late. I wanted to give you instructions, more like terms and conditions before you meet him."
For long, Gita believed Anand and Isha were unlike each other but now she could see the similarities once Isha mentioned 'terms and conditions'. Gita signaled her to go ahead.

"Please don't intimidate him. He may not be perfect, but noone is. So I hope you are polite to him." Isha requested. What is with this sibling duo explaining Gita the obvious things? Isn't she always polite?

"You think I am Anand? Or when was I ever rude?" Gita asked Isha directly, a bit firmness in her tone. Explaining obvious things are extremely excruciating, it makes one want to do things they are told not to.

"Tss. I know you are nice but it is important to mention. Also, me and him are going on a weekend trip, I will keep sending you my locations. I thought someone in the family should know."

"And what if I wasn't in the picture?" Gita questioned to which Isha had a quick reply, "but you are in the picture. You are the only one in the family who I can trust with this right now." Isha said keeping her hand on top of Gita's, asking her silently to go with it.

Till a few years ago, Anand wouldn't have cared who Isha is going with but now that it is her age to act mature and then find a potential match, she knew even Anand wouldn't tolerate something that would tarnish their image. Her relationship was almost fragile right now, at a tender stage. She was not sure of where it would go so telling her family was not the right thing. For the first time in Isha's life, she cared so much that she didn't want this to ruin.

"Okay. Don't sulk. Stop with it and go on your trip." And with that Isha cheered up.

"I have never seen you smile so bright, Isha. Love is surely doing things to you." Gita commented. Isha was always the chirpy kind, expressing everything right away from happiness to anger but something about her boyfriend's topic brought a twinkle in her eyes. Isha laughed at Gita's comment.

"Wait for it. It will happen to you too." Isha said and Gita just hummed not knowing whether the magic of love will surround her or not.

"What ? You don't think it will happen?" Isha asked seeing how Gita didn't respond.

"I don't know. Most couples end up without love or even if they are in love, later it vanishes. My fear for the longest, or still is, that I won't find love, ever. But right now, I am just going with what is feeling right." Gita said honestly, confessing her fears.

"Listen, what most couples go through or anyone goes through has nothing to do with you. Your circumstances are not going to mirror theirs. They had a story as to how they ended up loveless. So, don't fret over how you will never find love. And going with what is right is correct. Always do what feels right and be fearless, that's how you will fall, do mistakes and fall for the right person." Isha advised genuinely which moved Gitanjali. Everyone from Ami to Shaina and now Isha had asked Gita to give all this a chance and till now it is all going well.

"Tell me, why did you say yes to the marriage?" Both of them were having a sip of their cool watermelon juice which was already coming to end.

"Because my parents wanted me to." Gita blabbering the first thing that came to her mind and Isha had widened her eyes. "You said yes to the marriage because your parents wanted to? Are you crazy?" Isha almost yelled.

"No no, calm down. Primarily yes but then I thought about it. He did seem like a good match but I still had my doubts but when I met that obnoxious man, I didn't think he was bad. Infact, he surpassed my expectations. He was sweet to me. Then, I thought of why not giving him a chance, after my friends persuaded me to not be so afraid of the future."

"Oh! Thank God. I would have killed you if you had said yes because of other people."Isha sighed.

"Anand. I don't understand him at times  and he is so...so rude. But sometimes, I feel I understand him. Ugh, leave it, I am just talking nonsense." Gita didn't know how to put it in words and it was weird to say that 'Anand almost felt right.'

"Hahahhaha...you mean my brother is an asshole and how can one like him? And yet here I am, ready to marry this cold guy because I like him." Isha said what Gita couldn't.

"Precisely." Gita replied and both of them shared  a hearty laugh.

"See Gita, like we meet diverse people, we are also going to fall for diverse people with non conventional personalities and just because they don't fit it in the box the world has made, it doesn't mean it is weird to like them. I understand you have a perception of love and how couples should be like the one we see in movies and my brother is not the romantic hero you dreamt of, but may be my brother is the right one for you. Love differs for all and we shouldn't hold onto one form of it." Isha said and Gita almost had tears in her eyes. Gita wiped  her eyes quickly. May be, Isha is right. No, Isha is definitely right. Gita just nodded in understanding, not wanting to talk more on this.

"My juice is almost over. Where is he?"
Just then, the door creaked open and someone new entered the space.

"Ah! He is here." Isha waved at the guy to come near their table. The guy walked towards their table  and Gita turned around to see the love of Isha's life.

"Meet Rohan. And Rohan, meet my sweet sweet Gita, the to-be sister-in-law. " Isha said with a smile.

Gita stood up to shake hand with him but the moment she saw the forgotten familiar face, her smile disappeared.

---------------

Not edited at all.

Just half and hour to go for my bday! 😂😂 so thought of updating before that.

VOTE and comment on what you think of the chapter.

Bye❤❤