Sixty One

Hello! Please Vote and comment :)
_________

Gita excitedly opened the expensive gifts she had received. Since the first trimester was over, they announced the good news to their friends and some colleagues. Anand's business associates sent some gifts on the announcement and Gita recieved some gifts from her school co workers.

She excitedly went through all the things that were sent by their colleagues and family members meant for pregnant mothers and some gifts were already for the new one.

"I don't even know what some of these things are! Oh man, where has innovation reached?!" Gita commented looking through some gifts while Anand chuckled. "You are anyway tech challenged." He commented. He was always keen on getting the new gadgets while she has no idea on these things nor was she interested in many of them.

"I am going with Isha and Rohan for lunch tomorrow." She announced her plans and Anand nodded, a bit awkward to talk about them.

A few days back, Anand had sent Prakash, his secretary to apologise to Rohan from his side and give him a cheque that would cover the hospital bills and medicines. Rohan sent Prakash back and a furious Isha called Gita to inform her about Anand's jerk move. Gita didn't know how many times she would have to be sorry for Anand's deeds.

When Gita talked to Anand about this, he told her how he is genuinely sorry and wants to compensate for his mistake.

"You know you can't compensate for everything with money. Plus after whatever happened, how can Rohan take money from you?  Isha is also angry because of you. You should go and talk to Rohan personally, not send Prakash to say sorry from your side." Gita knew how Anand finds it difficult to apologise but this was unacceptable!

Three days later, Anand went to personally say sorry to Rohan. Gita thought he would come back in grumpy mood as he had to face Rohan who is a loser according to him and say sorry to him because of Gita. When Anand came back, he was calm but confused the entire time.

At the dinner, Gita asked him what transpired between the two of them.
"I used to tell you that guy is....is he dumb? I said sorry to him and he said okay. He was not angry at me. Shouldn't he be angrier than Isha?" Anand questioned. "How can he trust my apology so easily? That's why he is not a good businessman." He commented at Rohan's almost tanking business. Anand believed it is very important to read between the lines and not take everything at face value, people's intentions are not always what they show them to be and Rohan fails to read people.

Anand felt that Gita didn't hear him because for a long pause, she just ate her food and didn't reply but then she looked at him and said, "He didn't forgive you because of you. He forgave you because of Isha. He knows that if he keeps a grudge with you, Isha would not talk to you and it would hurt her, considering how much she loves you."

Anand shook his head, not looking up from his  grilled chicken salad. "He is...not a bad guy. But I still don't see him for Isha." Gita was a bit happy that he atleast doesn't think of Rohan as a bad guy anymore, who is only after money. He continued with his worries, "he acts very naive and is gullible. He doesn't even earn enough. Financial security is important to relationships and there are so many other things. I don't see them as a good pair." He stated.

"Why do you think they both have not discussed it? Also, I don't earn as much as you do. Doesn't affect us as much. And I am sure there are people who don't see us as good match...do we care what they think?" Gita asked.

"Sure, you don't as much as I do...but you want enough to gift me my favourite things without causing a dent to your pocket...atleast most of the things I like, you can buy it for me. But he doesn't earn so much... I don't want it to be just a phase for them and regret their choice later...she is thinking to marry him, I don't want her stuck in a relationship that she would just regret."