Seventy

Please Vote and Comment 💓

___________

It was two months later that Gita was able to walk on her own. She had been waiting for this day since a long time. Her happiness knew no bounds when the doctor said she could move like before and the very first thing she did the next morning was to go for a run, feeling the breeze against her face.

She was still on her maternity leave which meant she enjoyed most of her time with her baby. Veer kept her occupied most of the time. She feels he is growing every day and she looks forward to what she new thing he would do today. It was truly a blessing to get to spend so much time with her baby and see him grow. Anand was missing them terribly. She knew he felt guilty of missing some of Veer's moments. It's been a week since he was on a business trip and although he video calls them whenever he gets time but Veer is asleep most of the time.

Anand was arriving today and in some time, he would also reach home. She was super excited to see him. Even though, they have been married for sometime now, her excitement whenever she gets to see him after a long period of time has never faded.

She constantly looked at the clock. Another thing she realised is that whenever she waits for him, time passes really slow, almost testing her patience.

The help notified her of his arrival and she took Veer in her arms and almost ran to the door.

There he was!

Her husband, her crush and her love.

She went and stood infront of him, smiling widely as Veer wiggled in her arms.

He came closer to her, to take Veer in his arms and whispered in her ear, "missed you." They were still not comfortable with even slight PDA infront of their staff.

"Hi, my baby! Papa missed you, you missed Papa?" He kissed Veer's cheeks, who looked at him confused, probably thinking of seeing this man somewhere.

"I guess not!" Anand sighed.

"Baby, it's papa. Pa-pa." Gita said but it looked like Veer was still processing something. May be he didn't remember him or he is just shocked at his presence after so long. They could only guess!

Veer looked at Anand for few more seconds, gazing into his eyes and then they saw burst of emotions. First, it was the acknowledgement and then the crying face which transformed into full blown cries.

"Ohhh....okay okay okay, my baby. Papa is here and he is not going anywhere." Anand tried to soothe Veer who clutched onto him tightly.

Few moments later, when Veer stopped crying, Anand wanted to freshen up but Veer was not ready to leave him. Lots of efforts from Gita and Anand, Veer went to Gita but still followed his eyes on his father.

"Gitanjali, Gitanjali," Anand called her from their room. She went in and was confused to not see him in home clothes but he was dressed to go out.

"Come on, get dressed up. We are going out." Anand said.

She was surprised! Didn't this man just come from a long trip? Isn't he exhausted and want to sleep?

"Where are we going?" Gita asked.

"Surprise! Just get ready, please." He requested and went back to setting his hair. 

*

She still couldn't figure out why he took her to the beach at this hour. It was close to 9 pm and there were only few people around here. They could see the lights shining like stars and it's reflection in the sea water. The waves were calmer and the wind was hitting their face.