Thirty Seven

Please VOTE and Comment

______

A secretary carried the documents and the honorary receipents list among the other documents to Nandini Dixit's cabin. He rechecked the documents, making sure nothing is missed out. He didn't want to bear the brunt of the angry woman. He knocked on the door twice before he heard the order to come in. His boss was a very intelligent woman who didn't like to waste time and was extremely focused and hard working. She tolerated very less mistakes and always wore a stern mask.  Clad in grey silk saree, she looked no less than a royalty with her moti necklace. She signed him to keep the documents and leave. He sighed a relief once he was out.

Nandini was called by the Mayor's office to inform her about the recipients list and have a look at it once. She was a supporter of young people wanting to bring change in the society and instantly agreed to the proposal of being the cheif guest for the function honouring youths for their contribution to development and empowerment in various fields. While having a glance through the names and their fields, a certain name peaked more interest than the others.

Mrs. Gitanjali Anand Thackeray.

Her hands touched the name. Nandini had always kept away from press and unnecessary gossip. She consciously decided to not have a glance at any photographs from Anand's wedding. She was yet to see the girl who charmed her way in the Thackeray household.

Let's see if she is any good or just plain undeserving waste of space.
Nandini tsked at her thought and regretted instantly. She shouldn't think bad about the girl before meeting her. What happened to the Nandini who had no judging policy, especially towards women? Why this resentful thought came to her mind? She was embarrassed of her own self for a minute. There were many documents she had to glance through, she busied herself. If she has not thought about the Anand and his marriage for so long, she wouldn't let the girl bother her now.

___________

"Isha, say something." Gita told Isha everything on the call of what happened the previous night. 

"Listen Gita, you shouldn't have hide this from Bhai as well as me. If she was going to be the cheif guest, why did you hide it from us?" Isha said sounding upset.

"This is exactly why. I feared his reaction. And see, now even you are upset. I wanted to tell you all, just after some time." Gita clarified. Since last night, Anand was aloof from her. He was not angry but he had not liked the fact that Gita had hid this from him. He talked to her but only when she asked him question, he didn't initiate any conversation after dinner.

"Okay,okay, I am not upset. But I get why Bhai would be. He got to hear it from someone else! This time, I am with my Bhai. He is right."

"To be honest, you are always with your Bhai. He is always the right one and I should be the one understanding him." Guta argued like a kid for not taking her side.

"Oh please! I think I support you a lot. And don't mess with me, Gita otherwise I will behave like how those evil sister in- law behaves." With that, Isha laughed.

Anand as usual arrived late from the office but to his surprise, his wife was awake and reading on laptop when he discreetly open the door, to not disturb her if she was sleeping.

"Anand, I am sorry." Gita said as soon as he entered the room. It was almost like she was waiting for him to come so that she could utter those words. Anand dint react and removed his watch and coat. He went to washroom to freshen up.
Gita wanted to sort this out and tell him that she didn't mean to hide anything from him.

He emerged from the closet all ready for the night. He arranged this things well and was looking in the mirror when Gita hugged him from behind. He smelled of the expensive body wash due to the shower he took. The fragrance was comforting for Gita but anyone could tell that it was something exquisite and expensive.