Twenty Five.1

The decor for the wedding was almost finalised. Gita was more excited for the flowers and just hoped that it all comes together in the end. But she was not tensed about the arrangements, it was the force of Anand and Isha working together, they would sue the planners if it didn't look regal and classy in the end. So Gita prayed for the planners to get it alright otherwise these two would tear them apart.

"Gitaaa. Tell Bhai that we should have yellow theme for the Haldi. He is saying a strict no to just yellow. Bhai, it's very common. Please!" Isha dragged her words and looked at both of them to approve her idea.

"Everyone will look like a part of some band if all dress up in yellow. Let's not stick to one colour and that's it." Anand stated his reason and left no more space for arguments. He didn't want everyone to look the same at his haldi function.

"He is right. And what if someone doesn't have yellow? Let people choose." Gita replied thinking about others, it's hard to follow a colour theme and would lead to an unnecessary purchase for others. And Anand did have a fair point. Of all the years she had attended some functions, half the people looked or dressed in same attire due to the colour theme. The few who don't follow either rebel or feel left out. So, it was better to not keep it colour coordinated.

Isha and Anand both shared a look, here also she has to think about others? But both kept quiet and discussed other things. A while later, after tedious discussion of the menu, deserts and clothes, Gita was eager to go home and throw herself on the bed, missing the softness of her bedsheet. Despite having the planners, Isha and Anand looked into each and everything personally. Gita couldn't imagine the pressure without the planners. With all the thoughts of her bed and lazing around, while getting down from the stairs, Gita tripped herself and her foot was twisted. She yelped in pain and touched the wall for support. "Ouch ! Ouch! Aaaoo."

Anand took her hand and gently guided her to the nearest seat. While Isha asked the staff to get any aid and slowly touched Gita's feet, not wanting to cause more hurt.

"Always walking like a fool, not wanting to see the surroundings. Can you for once not be so clumsy?" Anand said each word with so much anger, he was hell pissed at Gita for being so careless.

Gita didn't say a word, it was useless to make him understand. Anand wanted to say more but stopped once he saw the staff coming in with the ointment. As they left, he continued with his rant, "What if you had fell from stairs? What we would have answered your parents and others?" Her parents have  obviously trusted him and given her responsibility to him. What would have happened if they saw her in the hospital? What would they think of Anand? These thoughts making him more angry with Gita.
Gita lowered her lashes and her eyes were close to tears. Anand had less tolerance for simple goof ups and mistakes, but anyone can trip! She understood she was in her thoughts and worse could have happened but it didn't, so he must stop now.

Isha could see the tension increasing, her Bhai's temper flaring and Gita being the obedient student listening to the scolding. It was such a husband wife fight moment for her but she thought rather than being typical, her brother should check Gita's foot for injuries, but he was busy being angry. "Bhai, please calm down. She is already scared, you are scaring her more." Isha tried to balance the situation.

"Isha, I am not scaring her, she scared me, us." Anand stopped himself from saying more. His heart had dropped from seeing her twisted foot and her being on the edge of the stairs. His mind came up with dangerous scenarios of her fall and his anger rising. "Gitanjali, are you a kid? Be a little more responsible and aware of the world around you, may be then these accidents would be avoided."

Gita was embarrassed to listen to his rants with Isha being here. He was just not ready to stop. She had never seen him this agitated and going on about small things. Her eyes were ready to cry from the pain and his anger.

"Gitanajli, no tears. No crying drama." He said sternly not caring his sister being with them.

"Why would you say it's a drama? And anyone ca-" Gita tried defending herself while trying to control her tears but her voice cracking, that's when he looked at her raging and dared to utter her one more word.

"Bhai, enough now. She just twisted her foot, nothing worse happened, thank god. Now, stop making it a big deal and take her to your place for some time."

Gita shook her head too fast. She didn't want to be with him when he is so angry. But Isha insisted, "Common Gita, his home is near from here. Just go there for some time, you will feel better."

And just like that, the two of them headed to his place.

_______________

Next update..soon! I was happy with you guys comments and votes on previous chapter so thought of not making you all wait more and update❤❤
I hope you like it and vote for it.
Also leave your feedback and comments :))