Twenty Seven

His bedroom was way simpler than she imagined. Bed, bookshelf, closet, a small couch and a painting that's what occupied the room.  What was common was the balcony outside the room where the city lights shined and the traffic had dimmed by this time.  The bed was decorated with the petals of roses in the middle. The way Anand looked disapprovingly at the bed told her that it was far from his plan. It was someone else from the family who did it. He told her that the maids had arranged her clothes in the closet and she can go change.

What shocked her was a closet filled with more than 100 pairs of shoes, each categorized by sneakers, formals and ethnic. She didn't take him as the guy who would hoard so much. Whenever she had seen him, he was in the same black formal shoes and the different business suits, so what were these hundred pairs doing? And when does he has the time to wear this? Getting out of thoughts, she quickly started removing the hairpins in her hair. She wishes they stayed at his family home, there she would have Isha and others others to help her with this. Here, she was all alone.

A knock came on the door after 20 minutes, "Did you fall asleep, Gitanjali?" Asked Anand from the other side, who didn't know that his new bride was exhausted from removing all the hairpins. By this time, she was frustrated and her hands were aching, she managed to cool down and reply a faint no.

Anand who had already changed to simple T shirt and pyajamas, was really doubting that she had fallen asleep. Her voice called him. At first, it was like a soft whisper that he thought he is hallucinating but the second time he heard it, he went to his closet door.

"Anand, what's your problem? Couldn't we have stayed there and come back tomorrow? Why are you so stubborn? Look what mess you created." Anand had no idea why Gitanjali sounded so frustrated and closed to tears. He didn't appreciate her blaming him without knowing the reason. But, he chose to slide it and ask her the problem.

Slowly, the door opened slightly, just so her head could peep out. Her hair was in a bun. The heavy jewellery was removed. He looked at her clueless. Her dupatta pleats were no more attached to the pin on her blouse.

"Because of you, I am not able to pull the hook off my blouse. I don't know who gives the hook of the blouse behind. It is always supposed to be in the front!" Gita said in so much anger. Her first night here and she was not able to get out of her blouse!

"I took you with me to the designer, you never opened your mouth there." Anand replied. He had zero idea as to why is he blamed for her inability? She was glaring at him when he told her to turn around.

Her blouse with all the intricate patterns and zardosi had three hooks. He looked at her over her shoulder to ask her permission and she nodded quietly. Her mind was telling her to calm down, it's her husband! She doesn't need to be embarrassed. He touched her back gently and pulled off the hooks. It revealed her back to him. He took her dupatta and wrapped it on her back. "If you have anymore issues with the dress, ask me, okay?" He asked her in a gentle tone. Ten minutes later, she came in their room in her top and long pants. He was sitting on the couch near by the bookshelf. When she looked at him, his eyes were on the bed still with the disapproving gaze. It looked like he would not sleep on the bed with petals on it.

"Can I remove them? The cheap decoration is making me throw up." He finally asked her, wanting to get that out since they entered. It would have been the first thing he would have said when they entered the room but Isha had warned him to be gentle and patient with Gitanjali and not bark rude things.

When Gita nodded, Anand ripped the bedsheet off the bed quickly. He hated the decoration and wondered who still does it in 2021? He put on a new bedsheet and looked relaxed now.

Gita felt very nervous to sleep in this unknown room. But she grabbed the blanket and laid on the right side, close to the balcony, seeing the night sky. Anand closed the lights and now there was just the sound of AC and their breaths. Sleeping on their respective sides, they had flashback of the entire day. As opposite to what they thought, they didn't sleep within minutes of laying on the bed. Anand was mesmerized with how beautiful she looked. How can someone's smile be so perfect? May be because, she smiled from her heart and there was no pretense in what she does?

He noticed her stirring around and knew she was awake as well.
"Do you kick in your sleep?" Anand asked out of the blue. What a weird question, thought Gita.

"No. I don't" She answered.

"Okay, then come here." He laid out his arm for her. He was asking to cuddle with her?! This guy with no romantic sense, who threw the roses petals off the bedsheet? Her cheeks blushed but she slid in his direction and went into his arms. She could hear his heartbeats. He kept his chin above her head. It was the first acknowledgement of their liking for each other!

Gita scooted closer to him and there was no breathing space between their bodies. The chilled AC air being one of the reasons that she went closed to him to find some more warmth. He chuckled and dropped the AC temperature.

"You are cruel. You want me to die by freezing?" She muttered on his chest. Her words partially inaudible.

"Then, stay this close to me. Okay?" He asked. And she nodded to his question, goosebumps starting to appear on her body. He took the remote and reset it.

They both slept in each other arms. A memory of the most beautiful and magical day behind them.

___________

Please VOTE and COMMENT !

I know it's short but I am having fever but couldn't control not writing. If I waited for Saturday, I don't think I would even write it.

How are you guys doing?

Please write what u think of the chap.

Not edited.