Sixty Four

Have you read Chapter Sixty Three?
If yes, then proceed :)

____________

Their home was decorated with beautiful flowers. The crepe pastel fabric was used for some parts of the wall for decor. All the close family members were present at the godhbharai (baby shower).

Gita was dressed in a traditional saree with floral jewellery adorning her forehead, her arms, her wrist and waist. The ladies did the rituals first and then everyone asked her to open their gifts.

The plates were filled with unlimited Indian sweet dishes and food. Ami asked Anand and Gita to sit together as she clicked their pictures.

Isha was still not talking much to Anand however Rohan who was present at the function smiled a bit to Anand. It was awkward for Rohan to be amongst the family. When Gita had invited him, he had refused to come but Isha insisted him to come saying it's a small family function and as he is Gita's friend as well, he should be there.
Rohan who was still not convinced, hesitantly said yes.

Anand saw Gitanjali eating her fourth gulab jamun and a rasmalai in her plate. He snatched it out of her hand, earning a scowl from Gita.

"What?! Let me eat. Give me my plate back." Her cute face had anger evident on it.

"No! Enough now. How much unhealthy do you want to hog?" The health freak in him said.

"Give the plate back to me. Otherwise there are many people here to whom I can complain. You are not letting your pregnant wife eat! Bad man." She loved desserts of all kinds except the laddoos her mother made her eat during pregnancy. She loved everything sweet especially Indian desserts from Barfi, ladoo, pedha to gulab jamun, rasmalai, sandesh.

"Complain to whoever you want. I won't let you eat this. You have eaten two plates of diabetes, now enough. If you want, eat something healthy." She rolled her eyes but let him take the plate away.

Isha came to her and sat beside her, sneakily giving her a bowl of rasmalai. Gita squealed with joy, "Yes! Thank you Isha."

"I heard what he said to you. I am only giving to you because you are pregnant."

"Thank you!" Gita hugged her with a broad smile on her face.

The most emotional people in the room were Gita's parents. They couldn't believe their baby was having a baby! There was nothing more they wanted than Gita being happy in life. Seeing her smile and so happy made their hearts full.

"Anand ji, Gita, we are leaving now. But as per traditions, the first pregnancy should be at maternal house, I want no excuses. Gita, come to us after two weeks." Gita's mom said. She wanted Gita to be home in the sixth month itself but Anand didn't listen at all. He wanted his wife with him.

Gita knew Anand didn't want her to go or agree to his. She looked at Anand who was already shaking his head in "no". She giggled and said, "Okay Maa. But I won't be able to come after two weeks. I will come at the end of next month." She knew Anand would be alone if she went to her maternal house plus she would miss him too if she stayed at her maternal home for such a long time.

As everyone was leaving, Gita got a call from her mother in law. She excitedly picked her phone and complaint, "I am not talking to you! I told you to come, aunty. You should have been here."

"Beta, try to understand. I can't be there. But I promise, I will meet you and make it up for this. Even I have to give you your baby shower gift." Nandini said.

Gita understands her situation. There was Daddu, Anand's aunts and most people who would have not welcomed Nandini. Anand and Nandini are also not on good terms despite having love for each other.