Thirty Eight

Anand was pissed when he entered his home. It's been two days since Isha was sending stuff that Gita could wear for the function when she will meet his mother. But, all he could see was how Gita was not serious and trying to take everything casually. When was his wife going to be serious about things?

What set him off today was the scene before him. He entered his home and found sets of shoes that belongs to kids...but what are kids shoes doing here? As far he knows, none of the house staff bring their kids here and they wouldn't have 10 kids. He entered the living room and the maid cutting veggies was shocked to see him arrive early. He motioned her to not make a sound and followed the kids voice that led him to their large terrace. Their sat Gita and the society kids gardening.

The terrace was Gita's favourite place in the whole house since the first day she stepped here. When she came here after marriage, Anand asked her if it looked enough like a "home" to her. He will never forget how she called his home - just a house that lacks personality! She applauded his changes but mentioned how she would like to grow plants in the terrace and bring a new life to this house. Since Anand was always fond of gardening himself, he didn't mind her idea of this change.

He saw the kids and Gita play with the soil and mud stains everywhere. She was telling them the difference between some plants and asking one of the kids to pat the soil lightly. He stood there for good five minutes until some kid saw him. That's when everyone noticed him. Seriously, how can they be so inattentive?

Anand's face remained cold as usual. Gita had a feeling seeing his expression that this was not going to end well for her. The mess, the kids and on top of it all, she didn't try the dresses Isha had sent. She quietly told the kids that the session was over and they must head home now. They hugged her while leaving but Gita stood frozen and didn't hug them as warmly as she usually would. She saw Anand from her peripheral vision who was glaring at her and noticing her every little action.

Anand was not somebody she could fool. He could easily tell from how loving the kids were to Gita and their familiarity with his home, that it wasn't her first time inviting them over. Anand asked one of the staff to clean the terrace and the other to arrange some food for him. Gita requested for her Plate to set up as she hadn't had anything since her return from her job.

Anand had the first bite of the food and looked up to see Gita engrossed in her plate, eating one bite after other, not taking pause. She felt Anand's gaze on her and stopped her speed eating causing a strand of spaghetti to fell from her mouth into the plate. Her eyes widened and she kept a hand on her mouth. Anand just shook his head at the lack of her table etiquettes.

"If you were so famished, have your food on time. Don't act like you hadn't had anything for years...Is this how you are going to eat infront of everyone at the awards?" Anand said.

Gita just whispered a small sorry, understanding that it was wrong on her part to eat like a toddler.

"In my office within the next five minutes."
Anand said as he wiped his hands on the napkin and stood up.

Gita had a clue of what was coming. Even though in the past few months, he had cut her some slack and treats her differently from the rest of the world, there are still rules that needs to be followed and Anand gives no liberty
She had an interesting thought. Anand was anyway going to give her some lecture after which her mood might get spoil, so why go exactly in five minutes? She enjoyed her snacks, ate one more serving of it and went to his office. A mischievous smile on her face knowing he must be pissed but atleast she had her stomach full of delicious food.

She knocked on his door twice and entered. He was on a phone call and just looked at her but continued speaking, diverting his eyes on the laptop. She took a seat and scrolled on her phone, yawning a bit because of the food.