Twelve

The next morning, Priti and Prakash were shocked to see their boss on time. They thought after last night's ceremony, he would come late to office. Taking a leave was never a thing for him, but atleast he would be a bit late.

They both wished him good morning but after he entered his cabin, both of them looked at each other having the same thought. They knocked on his door and once allowed to enter, they stood infront of him looking nervous, both nudging the other to talk.

"Umm...congratulations!!" Both of them exclaimed happily to which he said just a thank you. They could see the ring intact on his finger. Prakash leaned towards Priti and said, "I never took him for someone who would keep the ring on his finger."

"If you both want to chat, you can do it outside. Leave now." Anand said listening to their whispers.

"No sir, actually we thought you would be late. You would have taken rest, we are here to handle everything." Priti said.

Being his secretaries, both of them had some perks compared to others in the office. They could talk to him a bit less hesitantly.  Plus, they were both good at their work so Anand has less to fewer complaints with them.

"No. It is okay. But I will leave early so handle things later." Priti and Prakash left his cabin.

An hour or two later, when Anand was deep into work, Prakash informed Rishabh had come to meet him. Anand was annoyed when he stepped in.

"What? You are not happy to see me?"
Rishabh asked.

"We could have met later, what is the need to come to my office." Anand said. He believed personal things could be done outside office, unless very important. And today, Anand has to leave early so he needs to focus and quickly do everything but with Rishabh here, he knew he cannot work much.

"No boss, you don't meet us outside often. Office is the best place to catch you." Rishabh said.

He and Anand were college mates. In the beginning, they just knew each other but in the last year, they discovered this bond between them and regretted not talking earlier with each other. Since then, Rishabh has been almost a brother for Anand.

"Say what you want to." Anand said not paying attention to him.

"You both look nice together. Beautiful couple." Rishabh said to which Anand just hummed. Even though Anand was not a chatty person, he was not this quiet, especially with Rishabh. Something was wrong otherwise Anand would have said more than just a hmm.

"What has happened brother?"

"Gitanjali had to fight with me yesterday. Out of all the days, she had to pick yesterday." Anand exasperated, keeping a hand on his head.

Rishabh burst out laughing! "Are you sure she fought with you? I didn't think anyone had the guts to fight with you." Rishabh was still laughing holding his stomach.

"Shut up, man!" Anand was irritated and couldn't tolerate Rishabh laughing at his problem.

"Did you drink too much, Anand ? Because I don't think it was Gitanjali. She is so nice, I don't think she will fight with you or I think it must be you who started it?" Rishabh said in all honesty, still wanting to laugh at Anand.

"What the fuck? You met her just yesterday and you already think I must be in the wrong?" Anand couldn't believe his best friend is not taking his side.

"Don't you know? Wife is always right. So get used to being in the wrong. Remember, sukhi wife, sukhi life." (Happy wife, happy life.)

Rishabh could see Anand getting irritated with his cliche dialogues. "Okay, tell me what has happened." The concerned friend in Rishabh asked.