Fifty Seven

Vote Karo!💕

**

As she left the school, she noticed
Harish standing there with the car, waiting for her as he is usually did before this week.

She thought it would be rude to walk past him, so she acknowledged his presence with a smile and was about to walk away when he stopped her.

"Ma'am, Sir has asked me to drop you." Gita thanked Harish but told him that her cab will be here anytime. Harish's face begged Gita to not put her in such predicament, he has to follow his boss's command.

She received a message on her phone from her dear husband that read : Take the fucking car. Can't argue now, meeting starts in 2."
Unknowingly, she smiled at his message. Although it was extremely rude, she smiled at the words 'can't argue now,' they both knew if there was no meeting, they would have been arguing right now.

She looked at Harish and the car. There was no problem in taking the car plus she didn't want to put Harish in an uncomfortable position. She got in the car and asked Harshi to drop her at the NGO first.

She shook her head knowing very well why Anand would send her the car. He must have known about her taking cabs last week and not booking luxury cars. Ofcourse, the comfort of his child comes first to him. He thinks only luxury cars would provide comfort while travelling. Gita wanted to roll her eyes, what would the baby in the womb even know about the difference between normal cars and luxury cars?!

*

She smiled at her students who were waving and saying bye to her. She got in the car and asked Harish to drop her home when he mentioned that Anand wants to meet her. Gita asked him to take her home as she will talk to Anand about it.

"I am not coming to meet you." Gita texted him.

"You sure about that?" Anand replied her five minutes later. How is he so free, she wondered. He never responds quickly to texts.

"Positive." She texted back.

"You will come to me, wife. See you soon."  His message came instantly this time.

She hardly understood the meaning behind his message but didn't bother and went home. She thanked Harish for dropping her home while he shook his head saying this is my job. This girl's humility will always surprise him. He thought his boss was marrying the typical arrogant brats who had no respect for someone who works for them but Gita has been wonderful to him and he has grown to see her as his younger sister or child almost, and not his boss's wife.

*

Gita was reading an article on how to make lessons interesting in class, innovative methods to teach children concepts as well as teach them to apply it in the real world. Her concentration was disturbed when she got a phone call from Isha.

She picked up the call to hear Isha in panic. "What has happened? Calm down and tell me." Gita was unable to understand Isha's words.

"Bhai stopped Rohan's dad treatment for a while." Isha said.

"What?" Gita was shocked! "But how?" She asked further.

"This hospital belongs to Bhai's closest friend's family. You know Rohan was struggling with the money payment, but he was paying it. But last night, they told him that they can't continue the treatment until he pays the full amount. His father's condition is very fragile, they stopped everything, not caring that they are putting a life in danger. I was in flight and Rohan couldn't connect to me in those hours." Isha was upset with her brother, "Gita, he knew I would be on flight, that's why he chose this time. How much vindictive can he be?"